Lost that ugly tail

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twodogs

Reaction score
I cut off the extended fender and added this black license plate holder/LED llight. Easy mod, there's a natural location to cut (dremel) the fender horizontally just below the plate bracket and easy contours from there onto the side. The stock license plate light dismounts easily and the wires are used to wire in the new frame with its incorporated LEDs. It attaches to the stock bracket but I mounted it via the two bottom holes instead of the top two in order to raise it - just as solid:

IMG_0013nonumbers.jpg

IMG_0012nonumbers.jpg

IMG_0006nonumbers.jpg

IMG_2111nonumbers.jpg

IMG_0008nonumbers.jpg

IMG_0010nonumbers.jpg

IMG_0007nonumbers.jpg

I'm most impressed that California DMV issued you the very rare license plate number "1" followed by lots of white space. (My cop buddy just told me where the owner of license plate "1" lives, and you can expect my stalking to begin right after I finish shaving my pet beaver Ralph.)

...seriously...Great, good looking mod!

I'm most impressed that California DMV issued you the very rare license plate number "1" followed by lots of white space. (My cop buddy just told me where the owner of license plate "1" lives, and you can expect my stalking to begin right after I finish shaving my pet beaver Ralph.)
...seriously...Great, good looking mod!

You shave your pet beaver? I just wax mine.... :crazy:

Looks great !! :clapping: The FJR has about THE ugliest rear fender built !

Where did the license plate frame come from ?

I really like the way that looks. That is exactally what I wanted to do until I thought about the whole rain issue. Need a nasty weather ride report on that :)

Nice find Rad....

The FJR has a uniqie reverse airflow-vacume situation at the rear end, ask any pillion who has been there in the rain.

Let us know how this works if it ever does rain on your ride. Looks great BTW.

(Feejer/Weejer man @ Mar 4 2007, 09:10 PM) It looks great but form over function? Wait til you ride it in wet and nasty dirty roads. You will find out why it was so long.
Really! Form and function can meld together quite well, but not in this case. Like some others on this forum I lengthened mine, but was too lazy to fabricate my own.

RearFenderExtender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks great but form over function? Wait til you ride it in wet and nasty dirty roads. You will find out why it was so long.
Really! Form and function can meld together quite well, but not in this case. Like some others on this forum I lengthened mine, but was too lazy to fabricate my own.
RearFenderExtender.jpg

Do you have a link? More information on it?

Someone here, I think it's Smitty, has an extendable flap for sale, I see it in EBay motorcycle parts from time to time.

I really like the way that looks. That is exactally what I wanted to do until I thought about the whole rain issue. Need a nasty weather ride report on that :)
Rain? Raaan? Raeen?

Oh yeah, I remember, that's what makes the sound on the roof when I work on the bike. Heard it happens a lot in other places.

And, I'm too cranky for any pillion. Especially in the rain.

If and when, I'll report after I dry off. (But, don't hold yer breath.) :beach:

Bill

My buddy has a ZX-9, in the rain his fishtail is so high I can ride UNDER IT! It look's like a wave runner!

Look's like you might be facing the same issues or atleast your buddys riding behind you will....

Look's nice though. :)