Lost that ugly tail

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it ain't just rain. All I did was remove the extra strip at the bottom of the fender, and as a result mud etc is constantly assaulting the tail lamp. I too was looking at that whole ass end thinking of removing stuff to clean up the looks, but as it is I've been planning on getting the adjustable length skirt. Looks are important, but so is function, and ya don't look so cool when ya gots a skunk stripe of whatever you recently rode through up yer back. Hit some road stripe paint, and you're suddenly
21479BP~Looney-Tunes-Pepe-le-Pew-Posters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great !! :clapping: The FJR has about THE ugliest rear fender built !
Where did the license plate frame come from ?

Sorry Jeff,

I didn't know you sold them or I woulda bought it from you.

Bill

Well, it ain't just rain. All I did was remove the extra strip at the bottom of the fender, and as a result mud etc is constantly assaulting the tail lamp. I too was looking at that whole ass end thinking of removing stuff to clean up the looks, but as it is I've been planning on getting the adjustable length skirt. Looks are important, but so is function, and ya don't look so cool when ya gots a skunk stripe of whatever you recently rode through up yer back. ...
Not to single out the above post and the no doubt valid and practical point of view as expressed there and in several other posts as well:

Let's see now, rain, dirt, mud, paint, all that other shit too... If you cut your fender it's going to make your life less comfortable someday, somewhere, maybe and you would be just cozy, fuzzy and warm with the ugly fender.

I know, it's a major failing but I admit it: I like pretty women and pretty bikes. Both can be/are pains in the ass at times but given the alternatives, I'll take my chances.

On the other hand, credit where credit is due - that bike with the stock fender, she sho can cook, baby!.

(Cue Jimmy Soul) :guitar: :guitar:

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So for my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall

As soon as he marries then she starts

To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife

A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life

An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time

And she'll always give you peace of mind

Don't let your friends say you have no taste

Go ahead and marry anyway

Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match

Take it from me, she's a better catch

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So for my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

Say man!

Hey baby!

I saw yo wife the other day!

Yeah?

Yeah, an' she ug-leeee!

Yeah, she ugly, but she sho can cook, baby!

Yeah, alright!

Re: "you know it is possible to be too attractive". Don't I know it:

cutie.jpg

I notice quite a few pics of bikes where people smudge their license so it can't be read (like the one in this thread). What's up with that? Thousands of folks see your license in the real world. What's the point of blanking it out on the web? Unless you want to remain anonymous, I can't see any other reason. I'm not trying to say it's right or wrong, but I would like to know why one would do it.

I cut off the extended fender and added this black license plate holder/LED llight.
It looks great! I Like it! However, you really, really need to take those reflectors off the rear now. :) Might as well remove the ones off the front forks too to clean it up even more.

I've always bobbed my rear fenders on all my previous bikes. But they've been sport bikes. While I like the look, with this bike I'm in the form over function camp. Even leaving all the reflectors on which I've never done.

The reflectors. Don't forget to remove them. :)

I cut off the extended fender and added this black license plate holder/LED llight.
The reflectors. Don't forget to remove them. :)
DONE!!!! (sorta)

IMG_0009nonumbersretouched.jpg

Naaaah, I like 'em. They kinda look like gaudy earrings. I may add some more. Right after I shave its tires.

Two dogs and an ugly woman...........you must have heard that beauty is only a light switch away!jim
Unfortunately, the switch doesn't affect short term memory and my imagination is deficient.

Well, it ain't just rain. All I did was remove the extra strip at the bottom of the fender, and as a result mud etc is constantly assaulting the tail lamp. I too was looking at that whole ass end thinking of removing stuff to clean up the looks, but as it is I've been planning on getting the adjustable length skirt. Looks are important, but so is function, and ya don't look so cool when ya gots a skunk stripe of whatever you recently rode through up yer back.
You can solve this delimma with some of those mud flaps ya' see on 18 wheelers with the girls on 'em.

I'll post a pix of the one on my bike -

That looks sweet!

Sadly I need to go the other way. I'm thinking of stopping by a truck stop and see if I can pick up a mudflap so that my bike doesn't look like it has the runs.

rear.jpg

Somebody forgot to wipe! Guess I'll leave the snow shovel alone when I get it. :lol:

It looks great but form over function? Wait til you ride it in wet and nasty dirty roads. You will find out why it was so long.
Really! Form and function can meld together quite well, but not in this case. Like some others on this forum I lengthened mine, but was too lazy to fabricate my own.
Do you have a link? More information on it?
Yea, the Brits came up with it. It's from the FJ Owners Club.

Still on the fence. Love the look but I do ride with my wife and also use a Top Box.

I do however live in California so mud and salt is rare.

Twodog, what kind of seats are those? Are those the day long saddles?

That looks sweet!
Sadly I need to go the other way. I'm thinking of stopping by a truck stop and see if I can pick up a mudflap so that my bike doesn't look like it has the runs.
Of course all these problems would be a non-issue with a hugger installed. On that note, has anyone come up with an affordable and fitting hugger for the JFR?

That looks sweet!
Of course all these problems would be a non-issue with a hugger installed. On that note, has anyone come up with an affordable and fitting hugger for the JFR?
>>Thread 1<<

>>Thread 2<<

>>Thread 3<<

>>Thread 4<<

Highlander Pixs -- [SIZE=8pt]proudly reproduced without his permission[/SIZE].

fjr1300gb10hugger2.jpg

fjr1300gb02hugger.jpg

>>site 1<<

>>site 2<<

I really like the way that looks. That is exactally what I wanted to do until I thought about the whole rain issue. Need a nasty weather ride report on that :)

He's from California, Your gonna ask for a Nasty ride report from anybody living in CA? :blink:

Ya right! :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I don't see how a hugger will keep the spooge off your back, or that of your passenger. It only covers the fender area, not the rear of the tire where the stuff gets slung up at you from. For that you need a big ugly fender extension... ;)