Wild Bill Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcfjr

Reaction score
I love my Wild Bill highway peg brackets - wouldn't do a 100+ mile ride without them. However, I'm not ecstatic about the pegs that came with them. Their flat shape does make them fit tight to the frame when not in use, but I think I'd prefer something more rounded, with a rubber foot area. If something could be done to extend the pegs further from the frame during use, I'd like that too.

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations on the best pegs to use with the Wild Bill highway brackets?

Thanks.

Check out what Mark Johnson has to say at Bikes-n-Spikes. I think what your are looking for are pegs like this:

10562_kur_8001_tt_h_pu.jpg

Which can be found at the Kuryakyn web site. The Long Horn pegs are >1" longer than the flat pegs that come with Wild Bill setup. Be sure to buy pegs that are the correct sex (female).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. That combo is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote up the web page. You can get extenders that fit between the peg and the dog-leg so that the peg still tucks up closely to the bike, but when opened up, gives you more clearance around the fairing to reach.

This is my next farkle. Anyone installed Wild Bill's on an 06A yet? Any mods to the fairing required?

Thats just what I need!! I went to Kuryakyn"s web site, but all the pegs and extentions are listed by name not part number, and the web page is divided by Harley and Metric cruiser, can someone tell me the name of the pegs and extentions and if the are Harly or metric ? Thanks B)

8000-harley.jpg

I have the 8002, and the large mount, 8072.

8061-harley.jpg

these are the offsets.

7996-metric.jpg

The Kury's are heavy, beautifully made, the rubbers are easily replaced, and they dampen vibes nicely, as well as look good.

Thanks Radman, that helps. Do you recommend the 8072 for both sides?

8000-harley.jpg

I have the 8002, and the large mount, 8072.

8061-harley.jpg

these are the offsets.

7996-metric.jpg

The Kury's are heavy, beautifully made, the rubbers are easily replaced, and they dampen vibes nicely, as well as look good.

Could you post pics of your bike with those on Radman ? :)

Bear in mind that all the pixs here are for MALE pegs, the Wild Bill stumps need a FEMALE pegs except for the "Large Mount" adapter which needs a totally different peg mount that is not shown in any of these pixs. The pegs come from the Harley Peg page.

I've been wanting some of Wild Bill's pegs for some time for my 06A but didn't know what extensions and pegs also had to be bought in order to make them extend far enough out to make them comfortable. It would be great if someone would list exactly what pegs and extensions to get, along with sources. Thanks.

Bear in mind that all the pixs here are for MALE pegs, the Wild Bill stumps need a FEMALE pegs except for the "Large Mount" adapter which needs a totally different peg mount that is not shown in any of these pixs. The pegs come from the Harley Peg page.
Huh? The bolt comes from inside the Riley plate and goes into the peg mount. The hole has to be opened up a bit, as the bolt is 5/8", but this is good-provides a more secure attachment. I added some stainless washers to move the right side out a little more yet, for additional fairing clearance. Guess I don't unnerstan' where you be coming from, IonMan :unsure: I'll post a couple pix this weekend.

The following picture is borrowed without permission from Mark Johnson :unsure: The bracket affixed to the engine has a square post that requires the foot peg to be slotted (female).

wb-pegs01.jpg

My FEMALE peg picture shows this:

10562_kur_8001_tt_h_pu.jpg

Your MALE peg pixs show this:

8000-harley.jpg

What about the bolt in the end? Send pictures, be explicit :lol:

8061-harley.jpg

Is this a running board suggestion? :eek: Drill & tap time?

Ah, I see what you mean, the peg to adapter interface. The bracket affixed to the engine has a hole, nothing more. The peg in Bounces pic has the square mount, part of the peg. The pics I put up are correct, ignore the square mount in the Bounce pic.

RIBBEDPEGSPLATESfjr500x346.jpg

Note that the plates alone are what you get from Bill.

I had these on my VStar 1100..... very good quality. My only gripe was I had to keep tightening them every few hundred miles, or they would flop down or rotate on the round Crash bars. I'd get them again though. YMMV

I had these on my VStar 1100..... very good quality. My only gripe was I had to keep tightening them every few hundred miles, or they would flop down or rotate on the round Crash bars. I'd get them again though. YMMV

Avoid having to tight them by using red locktite ;)

Avoid having to tight them by using red locktite ;)
Or star lock washers

B0006JHYD6.01-A2TA1K4B0Y2H77._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg