Cleaning FJR with Honda Polish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they have it in stock? The information I got from a Gold Wing shop near me is that it has been discontinued. Something about the propellant and the EPA (?). I asked if Honda had plans to manufacture the product in a pump bottle but got no answer. I hope I'm wrong, I didn't read it on the internet but heard it face-to-face.

I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer on the windshield and bike,works grate.

You can buy it at Wall mart $4.19.... :clapping:

Meguiars.jpg

Actually I think it's just the 06 Blue that's slower. Something about the increased estrogen used in the paint to make it "Cobalt."

Washed my scoot on tuesday afternoon....got caught in a down pour on I20 south fort worth. It did take some of the bugs off the windshield...except for the ones that been there the past year...them buggers sure like to hang around.

Do they have it in stock? The information I got from a Gold Wing shop near me is that it has been discontinued. Something about the propellant and the EPA (?). I asked if Honda had plans to manufacture the product in a pump bottle but got no answer. I hope I'm wrong, I didn't read it on the internet but heard it face-to-face.
As I understand it, it's on a state-by-state basis.

I use the Quik Detailer too!

Make sure you always use clean Microfiber to prevent scratches.

The Meguiar's Quick Detail is a great product.

I've been using it for years and its best to always apply it with a clean microfiber cloth.

Good stuff!

As I understand it, it's on a state-by-state basis.
That would explain the problem. Thanks.

We're all obsessed with using Honda grease on our splines. Now this, Honda wax. What's next, Honda valve guides?

Hmmm, maybe. Them sickles are pretty quiet :lol: .

I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer on the windshield and bike,works grate.

You can buy it at Wall mart $4.19.... :clapping:

Meguiars.jpg
maybe the polish is great, but wal-mart? c'mon man. spend another 50 cents and buy it from your soon-to-be-starving local parts dealer. how many small town businesses have been destroyed by this monster... :assassin:

just my $0.02. soapbox dis-assembled now. i promise to ride tomorrow, even if it's still gray and cool. :(

shu

They have changed the label from reading will polish everything to UNPAINTED SURFACES AND CHROME. Tons of it on the shelf in Fremont and Redwood City Honda shops. there were reports on my VTX site that said it was making some painted surfaces milky. I cannot confirm these reports.

They have changed the label from reading will polish everything to UNPAINTED SURFACES AND CHROME. Tons of it on the shelf in Fremont and Redwood City Honda shops. there were reports on my VTX site that said it was making some painted surfaces milky. I cannot confirm these reports.
The one from the link i put up is the REAL stuff, not the fake for chrome only version. The thing I don't get however, the both have the same part number.

Last edited by a moderator: