Reno Weather..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groo

The Endless Font of Useless Knowledge...
Reaction score
Current forecast for WFO weather...

Thursday, Jul 27

Mainly cloudy and turning colder. Winds from the WSW at 7 mph. High: 86° F RealFeel®: 82° F

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the SSW at 6 mph. Low: 46° F RealFeel: 51° F

Friday, Jul 28

Mostly sunny. Winds from the NW at 6 mph. High: 92° F RealFeel: 87° F

Friday Night: Clear. Winds from the S at 4 mph. Low: 50° F RealFeel: 54° F

Saturday, Jul 29

Sunshine. Winds from the WNW at 9 mph. High: 91° F RealFeel: 86° F

Saturday Night: Mainly clear. Winds from the WNW at 8 mph. Low: 50° F RealFeel: 54° F

Sunday, Jul 30

Sunny. Winds from the NW at 11 mph. High: 91° F RealFeel: 86° F

Sunday Night: Clear. Winds from the NNE at 12 mph. Low: 53° F RealFeel: 53° F

But it's a dry heat, right? ;) Crap, dust in my eye again...

But it's a dry heat, right?
It is indeed... very dry heat.

It should be ~ 68F in the Nevada Room. :lol:

And, in all seriousness, it was a HUGE coup to be able to score the shaded South Entrance, because even if it's in the 90's, as long as you're out of the Nevada sun, it's easily tolerable. Particularly with an ice-cold brewski in your hand. :D

If thats an accurate forcast, it means temps will be 10 degrees cooler than the norm. Last night at 9 pm the heat index was 114 degrees at my house. 114 fucking degrees in Minnesota, which if one looks at Jan temps, means a 134 degree spread. And you guys wonder why I act off my rocker. Or maybe not.

That forecast is 10-days out. The probability of it being correct is less than 5%. But we can hope. Low 90's would be awesome! My arthritic body will feel 20 years younger in those conditions! :yahoo:

It is also worthwhile noting that, for the Sierra-Tahoe region around Reno, whatever the forecast is slated for, thundercells tend to form around the Sierras virtually every afternoon in the dog days of summer (usually late afternoon). There are times when I have actually gone several miles out of my way to ensure I ride through one just to cool off.

They don't last very long, but they cool you down just fine, and for many of us LD Riders, these thundercells are about the closest we get to washing our bikes. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If thats an accurate forcast, it means temps will be 10 degrees cooler than the norm. Last night at 9 pm the heat index was 114 degrees at my house. 114 fucking degrees in Minnesota, which if one looks at Jan temps, means a 134 degree spread. And you guys wonder why I act off my rocker. Or maybe not.
Know what you mean Rad. Use to drive the 18 wheeler from Spokane to the east coast through Minn. You forgot to mention the miserable humidity in the summer. Ouch. Can you say sticky? PM. <>< :bad:

No wonder you look dehydrated ! :D

No wonder you look dehydrated ! :D
Hey, look at those cool temps! WOOHOO! Now I don't care so much if my Sahara gets here on time if it's going to be that cool!

If I actually had any confidence in weather forecasting more than four days out, I might get my hopes up for a report like that. At this point, it's still fantasy. A high of 91 would be sweeet! You back-Easters don't know how good that sounds to us out here. For me, it would mean a drop of 15 degrees from yesterday. Yes, it's dry (and that's what makes all the difference), but 91 ain't heat. Anything below 98.6 feels pleasant in the summer, at least for me.

If I actually had any confidence in weather forecasting more than four days out, I might get my hopes up for a report like that. At this point, it's still fantasy. A high of 91 would be sweeet! You back-Easters don't know how good that sounds to us out here. For me, it would mean a drop of 15 degrees from yesterday. Yes, it's dry (and that's what makes all the difference), but 91 ain't heat. Anything below 98.6 feels pleasant in the summer, at least for me.
Heyheyheyheyhey!!! What's with all the negative vibes???!?!?!?!

heroes.gif

Forecast looks good... let's allow it to come to fruition... :D

Heyheyheyheyhey!!! What's with all the negative vibes???!?!?!?! Forecast looks good... let's allow it to come to fruition... :D
We're used to this kind of teasing. I can gurantee you one thing: It won't rain!

That forecast is 10-days out. The probability of it being correct is less than 5%.
Eau Contraire. I am responsible for the weather forecast. My MiraCool vest just arrived today. That pretty much guaranteed that it will be too cool to use in Reno.

See! You guys with all the negative thoughts are bringing the heat back!

Thursday, Jul 27

Considerable cloudiness. Winds from the SW at 5 mph. High: 87° F RealFeel: 84° F

Thursday Night: Considerable cloudiness with a chance for showers. Winds from the S at 5 mph. Low: 48° F RealFeel: 57° F

Friday, Jul 28

Turning warmer with sunshine. Winds from the W at 6 mph. High: 99° F RealFeel®: 95° F

Friday Night: Clear. Winds from the ESE at 5 mph. Low: 61° F RealFeel: 64° F

Saturday, Jul 29

Hot with sunshine. Winds from the WNW at 5 mph. High: 100° F RealFeel: 97° F

Saturday Night: Clear. Winds from the ENE at 6 mph. Low: 62° F RealFeel: 63° F

Sunday, Jul 30

Sunny and hot. Winds from the NNE at 4 mph. High: 99° F RealFeel: 99° F

Sunday Night: Clear. Winds from the ESE at 5 mph. Low: 63° F RealFeel: 64° F

I was pondering the heat issue on my '05 the other day on my ride home from work and figured out why the bike without heat mods never really bothered me. My brain is fried from riding in 110+ weather for my commute on top of the hot asphalt behind a bunch of f'n cagers who are messing with my airflow while I roast in my aerostitch that I wear faithfully to make it so I never leave my skin on the road.

Anything at or below 100 degree temps will be nice. It'll be nice to see how my miracool vest performs under the stitch. I don't use it on my commute to/from work out of fear that I'll show up to work in damp clothing.

It's the night time temps I fear, now I'm going to have to pack for both extremes. Didn't expect to see 46 again until around late Oct./early Nov. here in Michigan. :unsure: