Reno Weather..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not getting any worse... In fact, maybe a bit cooler than yesterday's guess...

Thursday, Jul 27

Abundant sunshine and hot. Winds from the W at 9 mph. High: 97° F RealFeel: 93° F

Thursday Night: Clear. Winds from the SW at 5 mph. Low: 59° F RealFeel: 62° F

Friday, Jul 28 Sunshine. Winds from the W at 9 mph. High: 97° F RealFeel: 92° F

Friday Night: Clear. Winds from the WNW at 8 mph. Low: 55° F RealFeel: 61° F

Saturday, Jul 29 Hot with sunshine. Winds from the WNW at 12 mph. High: 97° F RealFeel: 91° F

Saturday Night: Mainly clear. Winds from the WNW at 8 mph. Low: 54° F RealFeel: 56° F

Sunday, Jul 30 Sunny. Winds from the NW at 8 mph. High: 93° F RealFeel®: 88° F

Sunday Night: Clear. Winds from the NNW at 6 mph. Low: 54° F RealFeel: 58° F

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep 'em comin'! As it gets closer, it will get more accurate, and maybe even cooler.
I can gurantee you one thing: It won't rain!
I don't know. We got married in Reno on Aug. 14th and it rained some. But I guess it had to happen that way so God could give us a rainbow as a wedding gift. Then we got a great light show after dark from the thunderstorms in the mountains to the east, visible from our bed no less! :yahoo:
On a side note: For those not attending Friday's group dinner, there should be a concert in the River Walk park starting at 5:00pm.

It's a good time if you're into watching talented people perform. There's also a vendor fair surrounding the concert area and you can watch kayakers practice their skills in the Truckee River nearby.

Keep 'em comin'! As it gets closer, it will get more accurate, and maybe even cooler.
I can gurantee you one thing: It won't rain!
I don't know. We got married in Reno on Aug. 14th and it rained some. But I guess it had to happen that way so God could give us a rainbow as a wedding gift. Then we got a great light show after dark from the thunderstorms in the mountains to the east, visible from our bed no less! :yahoo:
On a side note: For those not attending Friday's group dinner, there should be a concert in the River Walk park starting at 5:00pm.

It's a good time if you're into watching talented people perform. There's also a vendor fair surrounding the concert area and you can watch kayakers practice their skills in the Truckee River nearby.
We had less people at both of the last WFO's and had 95 percent at the banquet come on people your here to have fun and mingle with each other, never saw such a CHEAP bunch of bikers :angry: <_< :assassin: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :rolleyes:

rogerfjrfaster

Here's the last update before I leave... looks like Sunday might be nice when everyone is leaving for home...

Thursday, Jul 27

Abundant sunshine and hot. Winds from the N at 7 mph. High: 97° F RealFeel: 98° F

Thursday Night: Clear. Winds from the ESE at 5 mph. Low: 63° F RealFeel: 64° F

Friday, Jul 28

Hot with sunshine. Winds from the WSW at 9 mph. High: 98° F RealFeel: 94° F

Friday Night: Clear. Winds from the SSW at 4 mph. Low: 60° F RealFeel: 64° F

Saturday, Jul 29

Hot with sunshine. Winds from the WNW at 9 mph. High: 97° F RealFeel: 91° F

Saturday Night: Clear. Winds from the NNW at 6 mph. Low: 54° F RealFeel: 55° F

Sunday, Jul 30

Partly sunny. Winds from the WNW at 14 mph. High: 88° F RealFeel: 81° F

Sunday Night: Mainly clear. Winds from the WNW at 11 mph. Low: 46° F RealFeel: 53° F

Here's the last update before I leave... looks like Sunday might be nice when everyone is leaving for home...
Thanks for the reports and all the map help. I'll assume I have the latest version of the BDR route. Ride safe and we'll see you in Reno! :yahoo:

Thursday, Jul 27

Abundant sunshine and hot. Winds from the N at 7 mph. High: 97° F RealFeel: 98° F

I'm just glad that the temp isn't going to be 46 degrees Thurs night like your original post suggested...I was thinking about how crappy it was going to be to start the "1000 Before Dinner" ride at Zer0-Dark-Thirty in the cold...but now it's going to be PERFECT. I can't wait.

Thanks for the update there, Willard Scott.

46 is cold, gun? Hm. I'm gonna go look for my spare set of panties. lol

46 is cold, gun? Hm. I'm gonna go look for my spare set of panties. lol
It's all relative. See, I live in the Mojave and it's rarely below 85 degrees at night, and quite often stays over 100 at night. Soooo...the idea of leaving here Thursday when it's 100+ and then waking up to 46 on Friday sent a chill down my spine. But I'm over it now.

Don't worry, I'll have an extra set of panties for you, Odot. :dribble:

Don't tell me which stripper club they're from....I should be able to tell.

Thursday, Jul 27

Friday, Jul 28

Hot with sunshine. Winds from the WSW at 9 mph. High: 98° F RealFeel: 94° F

Friday Night: Clear. Winds from the SSW at 4 mph. Low: 60° F RealFeel: 64° F

Saturday, Jul 29

Hot with sunshine. Winds from the WNW at 9 mph. High: 97° F RealFeel: 91° F

Saturday Night: Clear. Winds from the NNW at 6 mph. Low: 54° F RealFeel: 55° F

Sunday, Jul 30

Partly sunny. Winds from the WNW at 14 mph. High: 88° F RealFeel: 81° F

Sunday Night: Mainly clear. Winds from the WNW at 11 mph. Low: 46° F RealFeel: 53° F
Waaay to far in advance to say for sure what the weather will be. It's been hotter than hell from the central valley of California all the way to Salt Lake City for weeks now. When I came thru the pass east of Reno day before yesterday it rained so hard I had to slow down to about 30 mph just to see and that was in a Caddi. You're probably used to that kind of thing being from Texas and all but my advice is to be prepared. When it's hot and humid in the valley it rains in the mountains.

Since Groo's on the road now I'll throw updates:

For: 0.8 miles southeast of Reno.Created: July 22, 2006 07:50:01 PDT

Today: Partly cloudy. Thunderstorms in the afternoon. West wind 12 mph. High 99.

Tonight: Partly cloudy. Scattered thunderstorms in the evening. West wind 12 mph. Low 68.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Thunderstorms in the afternoon. West wind 13 mph. High 99.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Scattered thunderstorms in the evening. West wind 12 gusting to 23 mph. Low 68.

Monday: Partly cloudy. Thunderstorms in the afternoon. West wind 10 mph. High 101.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Low 65.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy. High 100.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear. Low 63.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny. High 99.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear. Low 63.

Thursday: Mostly sunny. High 99.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear. Low 62.

Friday: Mostly sunny. High 98.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy. Low 62.

Saturday: Partly cloudy. Thunderstorms. High 97.

Reno weather forecast hasn't changed, but it's been pretty hot here in Fresno. 112 yesterday, which set a record. It's not even 2 pm here now and it's already 111. We'll probably get to 114 today. :swoon:

The bike sits, in the shade of the 111 degree garage....

Reno weather forecast hasn't changed, but it's been pretty hot here in Fresno. 112 yesterday, which set a record. It's not even 2 pm here now and it's already 111. We'll probably get to 114 today. :swoon:
The bike sits, in the shade of the 111 degree garage....
Yea,

It was forcast for a high of 103 yesterday, it was 111 when I got home from work. Its a nice cool 96 today.

Good thing i rode the night time hours up to Oregon... It's 108 in the shade in Sutherlin! :blink:

I sure hope it cools down before i leave for WFO!

Looks hopeful:

Wednesday: Mostly sunny. West wind 15 gusting to 26 mph. High 105.
Wednesday Night: Mostly clear. West wind 9 gusting to 15 mph. Low 70.

Thursday: Mostly sunny. West wind 15 gusting to 25 mph. High 103.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear. Low 70.

Friday: Mostly sunny. High 97.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low 64.

Saturday: Mostly sunny. High 95.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear. Low 60.

Sunday: Mostly sunny. High 93.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear. Low 58.
Where I live:

Saturday 112

Sunday 112

Yesterday 113

Today 113

We set an all-time record low of 90 Sunday night/ Monday morning. Reno is lookin' good to me....

Yeah, Bob, but you are a hero-type. All that heat and then the "turnout gear". :dribble: I'd blow my horn, too..."Yuh pesky varmints, get the heck outta my way!"

Hey, what are you doing posting? You are supposed to be on your, uhm, honeymoon/anniversary celebration.