Gary McCoy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opt8low

Reaction score
I got a call from Gary McCoy this afternoon saying that he was part of a layoff at MonDak Motorsports today.

He asked if I could mention this on the forum as he knows that people would be looking for parts and that they would have no way of contacting him. He also said if you had an order with him and it had not shipped to contact MonDak and make sure they are honoring that order.

He had a feeling that this was going to happen and had started to look for another position. Let's all hope he finds one soon.

As many of you know, Gary is a stand up guy. He always did what he said he was going to do and if it did not happen he made it right. It is hard to find people like this in the motorsports industry, so let's hope he lands somewhere soon.

Dana

Admins please move as you see fit.....

That is bad news for Gary.

If he needs references, all he has to do is refer people to the dealer feedback section of our forum.

Hope he lands on his feet soon. It was nice meeting him in June on the way back from CFR.

That is bad news for Gary.
If he needs references, all he has to do is refer people to the dealer feedback section of our forum.

Hope he lands on his feet soon. It was nice meeting him in June on the way back from CFR.
I'm sorry for Gary and also myself i had an order that was suppose to be shipped out this week.....

It is always rough when someone leaves a place that you get acustomed to dealing with at any place of business, especially when he did his job so well.

That sucks... I had been emailing him over the last few days about a problem with my Arai Vector, and just sent him an email this morning about getting some small items for the bike.

Hope he lands on his feet.

Wow!

I just talked to him for the 1st time late last week about some parts. He was extremely nice and you would have thought he had known me for a long time. I am not sure if I have ever talked to a more helpful person and any type of dealership.

I wish him all the luck out there and he finds something fast.

Add my condolences for Gary. He is absolutely a stand-up guy who deserves a stable company.

Here's wishing you well, Gary... looking forward to hearing where you land so I can change my "Favorites" listing for you!

Don

Add my condolences for Gary. He is absolutely a stand-up guy who deserves a stable company.
Here's wishing you well, Gary... looking forward to hearing where you land so I can change my "Favorites" listing for you!

Don
Here here!! I hope he finds a good stable place. I had sent him a message and was wondering why he hadn't responded. Best of luck Gary!!!

Rick

VERY sorry to hear that. Gary was not only a stand up guy, but extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I hope he lands on his feet soon.

Fortunately for me, I stocked up a few months ago on consumables and parts I knew I'd need before too long for both the Blackbird and FJR: oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, OEM brake pads, etc. But losing Gary as THE go to guy for Honda and Yamaha parts is a blow to us motorcyclists who own the brands he sold. Best customer service I've ever had, and just a great guy to talk to when I'd call in an order. I've been relying upon Gary for 5 years, and when he lands someplace, he'll have my business again.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is horrible news. Man, I am bummed. I've lost my parts guru.

I hope things rebound quickly for Gary. Hell of a guy. I am wishing him the best.

This is bad news. I'm getting ready to order a shitload of parts to rebuild my '05 and was counting on Gary. Hope he finds a dealership that understands his dedication and way of doing business.

Damn. Seems as if it were not for bad luck, Gary would have no luck at all...

Wish there was something we could do for him. Like maybe someone on here knows someone who knows someone... Get him back on 2 feet?

I'd really like to see Gary McC set-up as a parts manager somewhere big. With his understanding of customer service, saavy for group discounting and word of mouth promotion, it could go big. Internet marquee groups represent a huge untapped market, IMO.

Good Luck Gary...

Well Crap.................Just Crap!

Good Luck, and hurry back Gary.

Last edited by a moderator: