RZ350’s Gen II Mods, Part 7 - Documenting All the Extra Farkle Wiring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ350

Reaction score
Link to all my Gen II mods

As you add lots of electrical farkles, you may want to consider creating a record of how you wired it, to help yourself or your mechanic later. Here’s mine, and it was also a big help in designing the system in the first place. Hopefully I never need it for trouble-shooting, though!

I just used MS-Word to create it. I first extracted JPG images of the various standard components from the schematic (using MS-Paint) building a “library” to use as building blocks for my new circuits (relay, fuses, switches, etc.). Then I pasted them in as needed and added lines (with proper color coding) representing the various wires. Lastly, I added notes to help me remember stuff later on.

With the attached image, you already have a JPG image that can be used to extract your components as I did.

4305563000_b560d8b409_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
'Scuse me, the relay coils are shown the wrong way. As drawn, their diodes would conduct when their coils are energised.

Just saying ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work! I too thought about the post completion, retrospective diagram of my setup... but never got too it. But here is the original design I came up with.

351864298_EFmwU-M.jpg

And I think I deviated a bit when it went together.

Scott

Nice looking schematic! :clapping: I too believe it's important to document electrical mods to the factory wiring, but I'm not as energetic as you. I simply took a pencil to my Service Manual schematic and added all my wiring. :glare:

'Scuse me, the relay coils are shown the wrong way. As drawn, their diodes would conduct when their coils are energised.
Just saying ...
Thanks mcatrophy, you are exactly right. I need to flip my diodes around. Consider it done on the next edit.

Honestly, I don't think the Aux Light relay even has a diode in it. I just used item 58 from the factory schematic as my reference.