Local dealer says his regional rep for yamaha showed him FJR1400 pics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingz06

Reaction score
and it will be a done deal. No reason not to believe my dealer. Known him for years and is a straight shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just downloaded the motorcyclist magazine on Zinio reader and read the article about it. it is in the new magazine.

It is a rumor (and has been, complete with supposed photos, guarantees from "someone whose first cousin's husband's boss's maid's kid who works as the manservant for the sister of the granddaughter of the person who knows for certain" and such for each and every year since 2007, when Kawasaki came out with the ZX14). And all we ever get is a new (or old) paint color.

Yamaha lost a fortune last year and Sport Touring is the absolute smallest segment of their motor business - if there was a place for them to not invest, our segment is that place.

Keep in mind that in the US over the first 4 years they sold fewer than 10,000Gen-II FJRs - by contrast I believe that they sold some 200,000 sport bikes and more than a million scooters each year worldwide. They have been dumping leftover 2009 and later FJRs out of the back of the warehouse.

I'd like to believe it was true, but I don't - it will be a pleasant surprise if it turns out to be true.

I sure hope that they had the foresight to do something with the ridiculously heavy throttle return spring on the new one! Maybe add a cruise control and self-cancelling turn signals.......That would fix the only things on this bike that bug me.

I sure hope that they had the foresight to do something with the ridiculously heavy throttle return spring on the new one! Maybe add a cruise control and self-cancelling turn signals.......That would fix the only things on this bike that bug me.
I agree some standard upgrades are a must, especially something like a cruise control. They finally added standard heated grips for 2012, but adding a standard cruise control would help them compete with the other guys, i.e. BMW!

I agree some standard upgrades are a must, especially something like a cruise control. They finally added standard heated grips for 2012, but adding a standard cruise control would help them compete with the other guys, i.e. BMW!
Great...now I want to have my FJR be in the same price neighborhood as the BMW? No way! I'll spend the $16 for a throttlelock if that's what I want. Screw that BMW noise.

It is a rumor (and has been, complete with supposed photos, guarantees from "someone whose first cousin's husband's boss's maid's kid who works as the manservant for the sister of the granddaughter of the person who knows for certain" and such for each and every year since 2007, when Kawasaki came out with the ZX14). And all we ever get is a new (or old) paint color.

Yamaha lost a fortune last year and Sport Touring is the absolute smallest segment of their motor business - if there was a place for them to not invest, our segment is that place.

Keep in mind that in the US over the first 4 years they sold fewer than 10,000Gen-II FJRs - by contrast I believe that they sold some 200,000 sport bikes and more than a million scooters each year worldwide. They have been dumping leftover 2009 and later FJRs out of the back of the warehouse.

I'd like to believe it was true, but I don't - it will be a pleasant surprise if it turns out to be true.
I'm sorry to hear that they have gotten sucked into the bigger and heavier thing.

Great...now I want to have my FJR be in the same price neighborhood as the BMW? No way! I'll spend the $16 for a throttlelock if that's what I want. Screw that BMW noise.
Shame on you two! You're just content in your negativity and unwilling to open your imaginations. C'mon, drink the "I-Wanna-Bigger-Heavier-Accesory-Laden Sports(?) Touring FJR"!

Wassamattayew?

NOBODY will know for sure until the Public Reveals on each coast.

....BTW...you KNOW I agree with you......

I wonder if it will come with a horn that goes: "Oink-Oink"

I want the 1000cc shaft drive lighter more nimble chick bike sport tourer

*whine*

I want the 1000cc shaft drive lighter more nimble chick bike sport tourer

*whine*
Sign me up for one of those chick bikes!

My only real complaint with the FJR is it's weight.Drop a hundred pounds,don't add more CC's or features that add weight.

This. Thumbs up.

I'm very seriously thinking about picking up a 38000km 04 here in town for $5900 and just putting it in storage until the time comes I need a new bike. Move all my farkles over and then sell my beloved (sniff!) for $4000. Bing! new FJR for $1900! I just need to talk to my buddy about storing it.

Cruise control electronics and self-cancelling turn signal electronics are CHEAP! They have been used on other Yamahas for years. There would be no need for new research and/or development. It would be nothing groundbreaking or costly to add them to the FJR. They would not have to raise the price point to the BMW bar to do it. If they would add these amenities it could put the FJR out front in the sport tourer category and take market share away from Honda (ST1300) and Kawasaki (C14)

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the 2013 FJR at 31 Flavors last night.

Factory Cruise either standard or as an option is a must!

I'm very seriously thinking about picking up a 38000km 04 here in town for $5900 and just putting it in storage until the time comes I need a new bike. Move all my farkles over and then sell my beloved (sniff!) for $4000. Bing! new FJR for $1900! I just need to talk to my buddy about storing it.
Buy it. Bring it to my place. I'll make room in the garage to "store" it for ya...

but Trapper John, the Korean War really is over

Status
Not open for further replies.