Avon Storm Pricing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSimon

Reaction score
Well, 11,200 miles and my Metzler Z6's are done, it's time for new tires. Based on input I have read here I will be buying the new Avon Storms although I have no idea who would have the best price, any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

I got mine for $255, including tax and disposal, mounted and balanced at my local dealer. That'll prolly come down 10 or 20 bucks after the west coast distributer gets 'em in.

University Motors$99 front

$134 rear

Shipping?? I had a lot o stuff ordered.

Just received mine from University Motors today.

$99.10 front

$134.49 rear

$15.00 shipping to Hooterville Mo.

$247.19 total

I have used Tire Express in Ohio, and South West mototire. But UM will get my parts and TIRE business now.. Smitty :yahoo:

Well that's about what I paid per tire, but TWN said he got the tires and mounting balancing for $255. That's good.

Well that's about what I paid per tire, but TWN said he got the tires and mounting balancing for $255. That's good.

Boy, you are not kidding....TWN should negotiate for all of us!

I got mine from SWMoto, $243.90 and paid Local Honda dealer $82 to remove wheels, mount and balance and put wheels back on. (I was in a hurry). BTW that same Honda dealer/service mgr. said he would meet or beat SWMoto pricing. (For those in local area) Someday I may invest in the equipment and DIMS.

LC

Boy, you are not kidding....TWN should negotiate for all of us!

I got mine from SWMoto, $243.90 and paid Local Honda dealer $82 to remove wheels, mount and balance and put wheels back on. (I was in a hurry). BTW that same Honda dealer/service mgr. said he would meet or beat SWMoto pricing. (For those in local area) Someday I may invest in the equipment and DIMS.

LC

No negotiation. That's my dealer's SOP. Give a great price on the consumables, then they'll be back for more bikes, service and other big ticket items. He also gives me a 15% discount on everything else (but tires) for being a member of the riding club he sponsors. Great marketing, IMO and a smart dealer.

After 2 weeks, 3 phone calls and actually speaking to the service manager twice at the Yamaha dealer that sold me the bike, I still haven't heard back from them with a price for the tires. What service. So I called the Honda dealer that services my VFR and they told me absolutely that they would put a new set of Storms on the FJR:

Front-$147.00 and $65.00 for mounting

Rear- $199.00 and $85.00 for mounting

Total with tax--$538.00 :angry2:

They can "fit me in" in two weeks.

Now what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a trip to Ca, and have them do it :p

Or see if someone close will do it for you at a better price, local shops, the ones that work on older bikes will for a price.

Now what.
Now you find an Internet source, buy the tires and take the tires off yourself. Either get some tire levers and a bead breaker from JC Whitney and lever those tires off or one of those stand alone manual tire machines from Harbor Freight (or better yet, get a go in on a real tire machine with your buddies. You can get a Coats 220 off Ebay pretty reasonable), make up a static balancer, get some weights and do the work yourself! :)

I haven't gone to a stealership for tires or mounting work in 15 years. :smilingsmiley: A bunch of us went in on a tire machine years ago.

After 2 weeks, 3 phone calls and actually speaking to the service manager twice at the Yamaha dealer that sold me the bike, I still haven't heard back from them with a price for the tires. What service. So I called the Honda dealer that services my VFR and they told me absolutely that they would put a new set of Storms on the FJR:

Now what.
Order them from SW Tires and mount and balance them yourself! That's what I do.

jim

Now what.
Daayum!!! I knew there was one more reason I always live below that Manson-Nixon line!

+1 on buying from SWMototires, mounting and balancing them yourself.

I'll pay the extra $4 and help support University Motors for all they do for us...

Now what.
Daayum!!! I knew there was one more reason I always live below that Manson-Nixon line!

+1 on buying from SWMototires, mounting and balancing them yourself.
Is that taking on and off the tires? If not what a rip off. should be under $300 Almost anywhere.