NH Fall Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
The Covered Bridges of Southwestern NH, Saturday Sept 29, Meet at 9:00.

The Bridges Ride has some nice scenic backroads and would start in the town of Hancock, NH at the Fiddleheads Cafe which serves up some freshly brewed coffee and homemade muffins. From there we would ride south and west eventually ending up in Alstead, NH where we would pick up the twistiest road in NH, Rt 123A and ride it out to RT 10 where will seek out more covered bridges, about 15 in total. As an option we can take Ionbeams suggestion and ride to the Trebuchet in Greenfield, NH after lunch.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...rt=#entry298753

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

IMG_4945.jpg

IMG_4946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This could work out very well for me - I promised my son a weekend camping trip this spring that I still haven't lived up to. I'm pretty open as to the date!

If the timing is right, I might be in. I am going to try to meet some KLR guys in upper NY in mid-October. However, I am going to have to have a Pinko Commie bike at one of the two rides if I attend both for I could not go home and get the other.

I'll stay tuned for future developments.

Chester

Kansas City

Kansas City? I think you'd be a shoe-in for "The Longest Distance award". I can see now why you cannot be switching bikes.

Great idea! Could work for me in October- perhaps the13th-14th timeframe? I missed a dandy of a ride with Alan a.k.a. Ionbeam earlier. I sure would like another chance in the New Hampshire foliage.

I'm making a run through New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, adn back October 19th-21st.

I'd consider adding this to the list too if the dates work out rihgt - I can change my original travel dates if I need too.

If the timing is right, I might be in. I am going to try to meet some KLR guys in upper NY in mid-October. However, I am going to have to have a Pinko Commie bike at one of the two rides if I attend both for I could not go home and get the other.
I'll stay tuned for future developments.

Chester

Kansas City
Good for you Chester!

Put me on the "definite maybe" list. It all depends on when we are talking about. The last October foliage ride I took there was literally not a single hotel room or campsite available within a 100 mile radius of Burlington, VT so I think this year I might have to book in advance. <_<

Given that Columbus Day weekend is October 6-7-8 and is the busiest in terms of tourists clogging the roads we should avoid that time frame. We could do it the previous weekend, the 30th of September. The weather should be warmer, the color is just coming into it's full display and hasn't been stripped by winds and rain (hopefully) and the tourist buses have yet to invade the state. So I would push for that date.

I would like to get the chance to meet more FJR'ers. My only problem is it'll be wedding season, and I'm an assistant photographer. Sooo, I'm booked for 9/22, 9/30, 10/6 and 10/13. I agree on the last weekend of Sept. being a better option than Oct. due to leaf peepers, so if you guys were getting together on Sat. 9/29 I would be very happy.

Skip,

Will this be a tour or a race? The wife may be interested if she doesn't lose her floorboards. Worst case is a map (gps file) of the route so I can perform wife maint. and have a good time with a meet-up for lunch.

Definately not a race. We all need to be somewhere on Monday and it's not the hospital. No tickets either. We'll leave the street racing, stunting etc. to the squids. Everyone should ride at their own pace staying within their comfort zone even though it is in a group. I stop at all turns and we'll have a sweep rider ensuring no one gets lost along the way.

Come on up and bring your camera.

That sounds great!!!!

Count me and Cheryl in.

The week end of Oct 12 will work for us.

Tim

I'm interested. Let me know when and I'll do my best to be there. I'm booked for Columbus Day weekend, but it sounds like that has already been ruled out.