NH Fall Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far it looks like I'll be there on the 29th.

I have seen 3 moose while riding the FJR, but never one dry-humping a car!

I'm in, riding solo.
Glad to hear you will be representing the state of Maine.

So far we have heard from Charlie, Tom from VT and JMarran from MA. Not the original enthusiasm from about 3 weeks ago. Well that makes 5 of us at this point. Hopefully others will chime in before the end of the week. Where's Dan?

I'm in, riding solo.
Glad to hear you will be representing the state of Maine.

So far we have heard from Charlie, Tom from VT and JMarran from MA. Not the original enthusiasm from about 3 weeks ago. Well that makes 5 of us at this point. Hopefully others will chime in before the end of the week. Where's Dan?
Isn't Ionbeam coming? And I hope the start point is easy to find.

Tom

Isn't Ionbeam coming?
The 'Beams are indeed coming for the ride and we are bringing this with us:

BridgeWeather.jpg

We will be stopping in Walpole on Rt 12 at Diamond Pizza around 1:00 or so for lunch should anyone want to connect with the ride at that point for a meet & eat.

Tom, Hancock isn't too hard to find. You will probably be coming from 123. Fiddlehead's is the yellow building across from the church with no steeple, the building with all the FJRs parked out front ;) Sorry to say that it could be a 2.5 hr ride for you -- seek slab! It will take roughly 2 hrs for Charlie Hoss to get Manchester if he slabs it down I95 to 101, then another 1 hr to get to Hancock. I will meet Charlie either in Concord or Manchester and ride over to Hancock with him.

Hancock is at the junction of 123/137

HancockLocation.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ZOOOMM and HERFJR are discussing it. We might stay overnight somewhere.....any suggestions?

ZOOOMM and HERFJR are discussing it. We might stay overnight somewhere.....any suggestions?
If you are into places with a lot of history, charm and great food I can recommend The Hancock Inn directly across the street from The Fiddleheads Cafe. It is the oldest Inn in NH beginning in 1789. I have had dinner there and highly recommend it. https://www.hancockinn.com/

I am still as enthusiastic as ever for this ride. I haven't posted in a couple weeks now at all cuz I been busy as hell a work and riding'. I'm gonna double check stuff at work but for now I think I can get Sat. off. I work a weird schedule. Wed.-Sun. But Monday and Tues are usually good riding days for me. Plus I ride just about every day back and forth to work. which is about a 130 mile round trip. I will put up another post tomorrow to confirm.. I will be coming from mass. so I will probably make use of the Concord meeting place. I will firm up tomorrow

If you are into places with history I can recommend The Hancock Inn just across the street from The Fiddleheads Cafe.

https://www.hancockinn.com/ It is the oldest inn in NH beginning in 1789. I have had lunch and dinner there and highly recommend it.

Thanks. That looks beautiful....and convenient. There are no rooms available. I'll check some other places too.

IMG_4933.jpg

Just don't have that scenery where I live.. Maybe next year I can play too.. I really would like to explore the other coast, see this kind of scenery.. in a time frame that's truly relaxed and CBA style..
Carver,

You did notice that weight limit sign?

Oh... feel the burn?

Hey Lads,

Just found this topic. I know I'm a delinquent. But as luck would have it, I think I'm available this here saturday (9/29) and I'm always in a mood to ride. I don't know foe sure about the missus, but she's usually good to go.

Ionbeam,

lemme know your early meeting spot in Concord so I can decide if I wanna meet there (prolly not) or shoot across 101 to Hancock.

I'm jazzed

Hey Lads,
Just found this topic. I know I'm a delinquent. But as luck would have it, I think I'm available this here saturday (9/29) and I'm always in a mood to ride. I don't know foe sure about the missus, but she's usually good to go.

Ionbeam,

lemme know your early meeting spot in Concord so I can decide if I wanna meet there (prolly not) or shoot across 101 to Hancock.

I'm jazzed
Sounds like it will be more convenient for Ionbeam, and faster for me, to zip across 101 and meet Ion in Manchester.

Hi all,

I'll be there, solo. Will be staying in Bernardston, MA.

I figure it will take me about an hour or so to get to Hancock.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul

[SIZE=18pt]Due to popular demand of the people riding to Hancock with me, the Concord meeting location has been changed to Manchester. [/SIZE]

Still off of I93, but 15 miles south of Concord. From I93 take exit 9, toward Manchester. This is Rt. 3A, a.k.a. the Daniel Webster Highway. In ~1/4 mile, at the first traffic light there will be a Burger King on your left, we will meet in the back of the BK parking lot. There is a convenience store and gas available at this intersection should you need anything.

I'll be at the BK by 7:30, we will need to leave for Hancock no later than 8:00.

Paul, one suggested route to Hancock from Bernardston is to take Rt. 10 to Rt. 119 to Rt. 202 to Rt. 137. This route is roughly 55 miles and should not take more than 1.5 hrs.

I know most of you are grizzled vets when it comes to riding in a group but rather than hold a riders meeting here are a few key points to remember.

First and most important is to ride your own pace. I will ask Alan to ride sweep and he will make sure no one gets lost. I will stop at all major intersections to make sure those behind see the turn. You, as a rider, are responsible for the rider directly behind you. Make sure they see you turn. If you don't see them, stop, don't continue on assuming they saw you. Once the link is broken, it will essentailly grind us to a halt as we try to figure where the rest are.

The other thing is don't ride on the rear fender of the bike in front of you. Spread out and give yourself a minimum of 4 seconds between you and the rider in front of you. This isn't a Harley pack ride and it isn't a race so just enjoy YOUR ride. When a vehicle gets into the group, which will happen, don't feel pressure to pass. Most vehicles will turn off not far down the road. If you want to pass make sure you have plenty of room. Most of these roads don't lend themselves room to make a safe pass. Just wait and be patient. I will wait at the next junction and get us back together.

Oh, and don't forget to turn off your turn signal.

Looks like we will have favorable weather. So come on out and enjoy a ride through the backroads of NH. Don't forget your camera.

Cell # if lost or running late: 603-426-7597