Pics Of The Clip-ons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramblin Man

Reaction score
Here you go.

click

again

one more

The uprights can be made in any length desired. I'm having a shorter set made. What you see is right about a inch lower and forward of stock. The bars are stainless steel tubing. I have mine long so I can use the extra for electronics mounts.

Hmm... Very interesting. You could also reuse the holes for the original bars to mount a shelf or something for other farkles.

They seem a bit thin for their length (the clamps)? What about when you really stress them like emergency braking with a pillion leaning on your back?

Wow there the best after-market handle bars that I have seen so far! They seem to open up the so you can see more of the gauge cluster lights etc

Nice work, RM!

How about for those of us who want to be more upright? A lot of risers are putting the bars upwards of 2 inches up and back. Can your setup accomplish that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Duuuuude! That is cool!

Nice work, and a great idea. Now if only we could have both all the time. Upright position for leisure, tank hugging for a little carving work.

-BD

Well, first these are rock solid, machined from solid aluminum on a CNC mill.

Second, we designed these so they could be completely adjustable for height and obviously angle of attack.

The uprights are bolted on and can be swaped for another size in about ten minutes. We're working on a set that come up and back for those of you who like a more upright position.

Cost should be very reasonable compared to what's out there.

Do you catch the edge of your windshield at full lock? Is it standard or a plus sized touring shield?

Nice work on the machining, you can always engine-turn the bars( like a trick rifle bolt) for a little extra bling. :dribble:

Nope plenty of clearance at full lock, at least with the set I have on now.

They are pretty much available now. The program is saved. My B-I-L just needs to know someone wants a set. You may want to wait just one more week as we have been working on a set of uprights that add some extra adjustability.

The fender or the hugger? The fender is a factory OEM Yamaha fender that's been cut and painted. The hugger is French made and good luck finding someone that can get you one. Mine was part of a group buy a couple years ago. One of two leftovers that no-one wanted that I picked up a year after the group buy was over. Lots pf people were dis-satisfied because they came straight from the molds and had to be "finished".