Cut The Crap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunDog

Reaction score
Guys,

Sorry about this, and you can flame or oust me as you wish, but I can't take it anymore.

Soap box: ON

When we are discussing what we did to our bikes, for example, using a new type of oil, qualifying it with a comment like "I have not had any problems" doesn't mean diddly IMO. Just because a problem hasn't obviously occurred, it could still mean that:

1. A problem is developing that hasn't been identified yet.

2. The process is contradictory with engineering specifications.

3. The sample size of 1 application would not produce statistical significance.

I believe in foundations of science and engineering, not unfounded opinions. So please, just because you are recommending something, don't follow up with, "My bike has 10,000 miles, and I have had no problems".

Soap Box: OFF

OK, thanks, I've said my peace. Ride on!!

-BD

I think you've messed up the song's title...

It's 'Cut The Cake' by The Average White Band. :rolleyes: :p

And I've listened to it a thousand times without a problem...

Hey BrunDog,

Here's some science.

Your undies are in a bunch! :bleh:

Lighten up Francis. It's a forum about motorcycles with science and opinions.

-r

I believe in 42

Sssssssssssssfffffft... cough, cough... Dooood, cough, you fergot a digit, mannnnn! It's (sssssssssssssssfffft, cough) 420, mannnnnn! Hey, who took my HoHo's, mannnnn?! Hey, look! Doritos, kewl! :punk:

WTF is your problem? Now we got another new type of a$$hole to work with or what? JB

I just turned 42 and none of you bastages wished me a happy birthday. My cornflakes told me to say this.

-r

BrunDog,

Relax. Take it easy, man. It's OK. It's not an unfounded opinion; it's an observation. Nobody's going to do their thesis on our issues, so just accept a few data points from your friends. They're here to help you. It'll be OK.

Get a grip! :eh: When has anyone said that because they've had "no problems" that means that they won't ever had any problems. This is an opinion forum and just because the members don't have time to go do scientific research to provide you with cold hard facts doesn't mean that they can't post their experiences.

Man, if you get this uptight about the FJR forum, good luck making it to retirement! :skull:

Man, you guys sure are trashin' 'ol Brundog. I'll agree he came off a little strong, but I agree with him in spirit. Sometimes you post a thread asking for help and get a whole bunch of "never had that problem" replies. While those replies really don't hurt, they don't help much either. I guess it could be annoying if you post something and see that a bunch of replies are there, you think "hey great, someone maybe can help me with this issue/question". Then you open the topic to find just a bunch of "never hads". :dribble:

Brun, I'd suggest a kind reminder when you post a new topic, asking that people reply only if they've experienced the issue/problem you're posting about. It might help. :cownoy:

Latest posts