Admore lighting install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCRider

Reaction score
I just couldn't bring myself to cut into the bike's wiring harness and use posi-taps to wire in the Admore lighting kit for my Givi E52 so I started looking for a cleaner way to wire it in. I started poking around and found the tail light wiring harness connector which is on the left side of the bike under the air cleaner cover (right in front of the computer).

The connector is the one that is unplugged in the picture:

plug%20location.JPG

I was able to locate the matching OEM connector at Eastern Beaver link.

The part number for the 6 pin connector is 6P090K-SMHM - $4.95 each. Took about a week to arrive.

Using these connectors (ordered 2 pair) and some 5 conductor, 18 gage wire, I made up a wiring harness so that I could just unplug the stock tail light connector, insert the harness and plug the stock connector back into the harness, no cutting or modification to the stock wiring at all. Unless you have the proper crimp tool, I would plan on soldering all the connections.

The finished harness:

bike%20harness.jpg

The Admore harness with connector installed:

admore%20harness.jpg

The harness installed:

harness%20installed.JPG

Harness installed at the rear of the bike:

harness%20installed%20back.JPG

As for the quick disconnect inside the case, I went around and around about where to install it and finally decided to locate it toward the rear of the case so that the wiring inside the case is protected by the latch housing. This worked out pretty well but I can tell that the connector is pretty cheap and probably won't last too long. I'll be looking for something a little more substantial later I guess. I went with running the wire from the case under the back of the seat so that I can coil the wire under the seat when I'm not using the case. I'll probably get sick of messing with the wire every time I have the seat off so that will probably change soon.

Inside the case:

inside%20case.JPG

Outside the case:

outside%20case.JPG

Hope this helps,

SCRider

Very nice. Like the idea of having the plug'n'play just like a trailer harness for a truck. How many wires run to the givi for lights (3?)?

Very nice. Like the idea of having the plug'n'play just like a trailer harness for a truck. How many wires run to the givi for lights (3?)?
There are 4 wires plus ground, which I ran to the frame. Seems there are ground issues with these bikes so I wanted to try to avoid overloading the ground wire in the harness.

Unless you have the proper crimp tool, ...
and the proper crimp tool would be....
Link or something similar. In other words, not pliers.