05 FJR Frame sliders - Cut or No-Cut

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the no-cuts on my 2005. I've had the unfortunate (maybe fortunate) experience of two separate low-side events. In both cases the sliders, stator case, and left side bag took the majority of the damage with no bracket damage and just a need for puck replacement and minor body work. If I had to do it again, I'd re-purchase the no-cut kit AND a stator protector is also a must-have to increase your chances of keeping the bike ride-able after a left side low side get-off.

My bike, bein' made for the Merkin Market and all, came with TOsG/sliders....there called saddlebags and my left one has been tested twice and still functions perfectly but is fugly, like its owner. The rest was taken care of by this new fangled thang called full coverage insurance. When a manufacturer uses the engine as a stressed frame member they're not planning on repairing too many anyway but i have seen more than one feej take a deer hit and survive(they are small around here). If they make ya feel more comfortable and safer or in control i say go for it and the cut ones look awesome that i've seen. But, the panniers DO work !

Blessings Bro!

Bobby

The sliders protect the fairing. In a simple low-side, all that plastic that you replaced would not have had to be replaced. Without the sliders the fairings hit the ground; with, they do not. Except maybe right up by the mirror.

That makes them worthwhile protection against simple parking lot drops or slow low-sides. The slider kit is MUCH cheaper than any single panel of the plastic.

Last edited by a moderator: