06' electrical

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
etz asks:

Has anyone removed the little solenoid thingie so that you can open the box anytime you like, and not use any power to run it?
And, the Forum answers.

Yamaha's web site states:

Glove box can now be opened whenever the key is in the On position, and contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
I yanked the solonoid within a week of ownership. As a result, the box has become very handy. And they haven't shoved any crack dealers outta the local pen to make room for 'ol rad. I feel safe.

Has anyone removed the little solenoid thingie so that you can open the box anytime you like, and not use any power to run it?
TWN did something to his. Not sure just what though. Maybe he can explain?
Unplugged and removed it. Works like a charm. Still can't hold anything worthwhile, though.

Unplugged and removed it. Works like a charm. Still can't hold anything worthwhile, though.
So, is there a couple of wires there that get hot when running in neutral? Maybe it can be rigged to trigger a garage door opener. :unsure:

Maybe it can be rigged to trigger a garage door opener. :unsure:
Except most modern garage door openers are 1.5 volt these days and seem to last years. Hooking 12 to 14 volts to them probably is a bit hard on them....even if they're some old 9 volt types. :blink:

....I think I'd use the wires for my onboard cappucino maker. :good: