06 FJR insurance dropped like a rock!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks K-2 !!

I just went to the Progressive web site.

I just dropped my 1 year rate from $460 to $211. (I did have to drop uninsurred motorist, it was $

DON'T DROP THE UNINSURED MOTORIST! IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT COVERAGE YOU HAVE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY IDIOTS OUT THERE HAVE NO COVERAGE OR MINIMAL LIMITS! THERE SEEMS TO BE A DIRECT CORRELATION BETWEEN POOR DRIVING AND LOW INSURANCE COVERAGE...ERGO THE MOST LIKELY PERSON TO HIT YOU IS THE PERSON LEAST ABLE TO HELP PAY FOR THE DAMAGE THEY DO

UNINSURED MOTORIST COVERAGE PROTECTS YOU WHEN ONE OF THOSE UNINSURED IDIOTS HITS YOU!

RANT OVER.

Just renewed my Progressive today... $543.50/year 25/50/25, 500 comp/collision deductible . State Farm wanted $590.00 for the same coverage WITH my multi (4) car discount and homeowners there also.

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

Well, you all got me thinking, so I called my Progressive agent. I reloaded my UI and Collision onto my policy. I actually feel relieved.. physically and mentally. I have been sneaking rides in inbetween snow storms here, and there was always a slight pucker-factor when the least bit of slush or a shiny road surface came into view... or JoeRedneck and his too-tall-truck who can't see me because I am within his 20 foot radius blind spot... or the Frito Bandito with his windows tinted so dark that he doesn't bother looking anyway... and that eats into the fun factor. For the year, based on the deductables and amounts etc I'm lookin' at about $660. That's a small price to pay for pleasure!

Chris

WooHoo, :yahoo: I just got my renewal today from Progressive and my bill dropped by 36% over last year. We got quotes from several carriers a few months ago and nobody could touch the rates that I have from Progressive on the bike.

JW

I just spoke with State Farm Ins. in Maryland about a plicy for my 2006 FJR. I have a clean driving record and been riding street since 1986
Liability

100/300/50

100/300 BI - bodily injury

50 PD - property damage

Uninsured

100/300/50

100/300 BI - bodily injury

50 PD - property damage

Deductables $250

Premium [SIZE=12pt]$892[/SIZE]

Similare policy quotes of the web:

GMAC : $633

Progressive : $301

I'm seriously considering moving everything to Progressive!
I feel your pain, we too use State Farm for our insurance needs for everything but my motorcycle insurance. State Farm was so high when I got my first bike with them as our policy holder I thought about giving up riding altogether thinking the price was too stinking high. I called several other companies and found Progressive to be the cheapest, so I opted to use them for my motorcycle insurance needs. I will say about a year ago because of the deal Progerssive gave me on my bikes (1/3rd of what State Farm wanted) I was going to give Progerssive the whole deal on our homes and vehicles. When Progerssive came back with a quote I flat told them they were too high by a certain amount, and if they could even match the other price I would most like change completely to them just to keep all of our insurance with one company. After about a week Progerssive said they couldn't even match the price of State Farm, but they would be more than happy to keep insuring my motorcycles (me too).

After all of this I even called State Farm and told them if they could match Progressives price on my bikes I would keep it all with them, They were still high by more than 2/3rds of what Progressive cost. About the only thing I found out about insurance companies is some are cheaper for cars, houses, and so on......And some aren't. You just gotta beat the bushes for the cheapest prices even if you end up with several companies providing you with insurance. I always thought it was a good thing and cheaper to have one company insure everything you own. After last year I found that isn't the way things are anymore.

I just switched my bikes from State Farm to Progressive. Progressive was almost half on my wing and vtx. I can now insure my FJR and my other two bikes for the same price I was paying State Farm for just the other two.

Full coverage on my FJR 100/50/100 and UI. plus liability on a Honda Transalp and a TW200 $537 per year. GEICO! go with the Gecko baby!