06 FJR insurance dropped like a rock!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to my agent today, getting ready to pickup my FJR in May and insuring my VF500F (liability only) for the coming season. When we checked Progressive, they wanted $1300 for the FJR alone. When we checked another carrier ( I forget the name), it was $398 for liability on both bikes and the works on the FJR. I don't think that Progressive is really serious about saving anyone any money.

Interesting the spread of quotes and actual payments for Progressive....and for others companies mentioned as well. I just asked for a quote off Progressive's web site, 300/300/100 w/$1000 deductable, and was quoted $387.00/year....yes, per year. That was for an 07 FJR. I couldnt get it to work from the "already insured" with Progressive page...said I had to call them for a quote. So, the $387 is without knowing I already have a bike insured with them.

While I like some of the other quotes presented in this thread, I will most likely stick with Progressive when my FJR finally arrives.

I'm gald this question was raised though....I had done a No-No. Put a downpayment on the FJR, before checking to see what the insurance was going to cost me. Whooo....dodged that bullet! :yahoo:

My Geico insurance on my 06A dropped from $445 to $263/yr (Jax, FL). Wife said it was a renewal discount. I dunno. But I'll take it.

I just put a down payment today on a 07. My insurance co(dairyland) gave me a quote of $514.00 a year for the works. $1000.00 deductable.

Bill

Welp, need to thank you folks, kindof. All the insurance talk here sent me scrambling to see if my nicely priced insurance was all it was supposed to be. In a word? Nope. No wonder it was only 178 for full coverage with 1000 ded....(long time State Farm customer, Experienced Rider Course, experienced rider, multiple vehicle, no tickets/crashes) Thought I was covered under PIP but apparently MN doesn't require that on bikes? Recreational vehicles or something? I'll have to make the adjustment and I'll be adding UI/UnderI also.

And thanks all for inadvertently pointing out my ignorance! :dribble:

:rolleyes:

I just spoke with State Farm Ins. in Maryland about a plicy for my 2006 FJR. I have a clean driving record and been riding street since 1986

Liability

100/300/50

100/300 BI - bodily injury

50 PD - property damage

Uninsured

100/300/50

100/300 BI - bodily injury

50 PD - property damage

Deductables $250

Premium [SIZE=12pt]$892[/SIZE]

Similare policy quotes of the web:

GMAC : $633

Progressive : $301

I'm seriously considering moving everything to Progressive!

I was working with California BAR and they told me that 1/3 of all drivers on the road in California are uninsured. If you think about the people that can't afford insurance, I figure some cannot afford it because they have too many tickets...perhaps the most likely people to hit you???

...Or they are undocumented. Who needs insurance when you don't have citizenship?

Like a previous poster in the Communist State of Mass,the Texas fagislators know what is best for us.Progressive has never been a good deal here and I will stick with Dairyland(650/yr with multibike coverage).Thirty plus years of good rates and better service when I needed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
er...

my Dairyland has NEVER been that high ($700+). it started at ~$500 and dropped each year until now it's about $250 (100/300/50 full coverage).

I'm a big fan of Progressive in CT.

$500,000 Liability

$1,000,000 Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist coverage

$100 ded Comp, $100 Ded Collision

1999 Yamaha VStat 650== $197 per year

2006 Yamaha FJR 1300==$418 per year

2005 Yamaha XT 225==$123.

Claims service couldn't be fairer or faster.

BMort

er...
my Dairyland has NEVER been that high ($700+). it started at ~$500 and dropped each year until now it's about $250 (100/300/50 full coverage).

:angry2: progressive is on crack just did an online quote $1400.00 per year on an 07 no tickets accidents and general coverage. :dribble:

:angry2: progressive is on crack just did an online quote $1400.00 per year on an 07 no tickets accidents and general coverage. :dribble:
I live in California - bought a cruiser a year ago and paid $400 to Progressive. Later in the year I bought a 2007 FJR. They wanted an additional $1800. I bought through Geico at $400.

I just got my new insurance bill from Geico. It dropped from $256 down to $196 per year. This is for full coverage with $1000 deductibles on collision and comprehensive. Nice surprise.

I had Markel for my goldwing and I was paying 315.00. When I called to add my 2007 ae to the policy thay wanted an extra 1200 just for the fjr1300!!! (perfect driving record, over 25 years riding experience,never had a claim)!!!!!!! I dropped them and went with Geico. Got both covered for 585.00

Interesting the spread of quotes and actual payments for Progressive....and for others companies mentioned as well. I just asked for a quote off Progressive's web site, 300/300/100 w/$1000 deductable, and was quoted $387.00/year....yes, per year. That was for an 07 FJR. I couldnt get it to work from the "already insured" with Progressive page...said I had to call them for a quote. So, the $387 is without knowing I already have a bike insured with them.
While I like some of the other quotes presented in this thread, I will most likely stick with Progressive when my FJR finally arrives.

I'm gald this question was raised though....I had done a No-No. Put a downpayment on the FJR, before checking to see what the insurance was going to cost me. Whooo....dodged that bullet! :yahoo:
Yes mine even dropped considerably after I trashed the '04. Got a new '05 and the Progressive premium eventually dropped.

Erie Insurance $287 per year with a $500 deductable
I'm just down the street from you, can you tell me what coverage you for Liability and Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist, any additional items like towing, or safety gear covered?
liability - 100k/person, 300k acc, property damage 100k/acc

uninsured/underinsured - bodily injury 100k/person 300k acc