• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

06 right side mirror needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinJax

Reaction score
Hello all, Does anyone have a right blue 06 side mirror that they want to sell. (Dropped bike when a car stopped suddenly in front of me in the parking deck.) Embarressing ! Thank you! Kevin

Sorry to hear this. I dropped mine in the driveway while doing a tight turn and stalled the bike at the begining of the turn, leaning into it. That's all she wote and I gently put her down on the right side. The mirror broke and I had some minor clear cote scratches on the bag. I bought the FZ1 mirrors and love them!

I do have a left side mirror I would sell as I'm going to stick with the FZ1 mirrors I have on it now.

Scott

I think they look good. Other people have said they like the painted mirrors better. What I really like about them is the view you get from behind. I was really impressed with the increased visibility I have and way safer for helping to see everything around you while riding. There was a guy that did pictures of before and after with OEM mirrors and the FZ1 mirrors. He did this with side by side on the bike from the front, what you see in the mirrors and an overlap picture from the front to see the width or how much they stuck out compared to the OEM. That really helped me out with making a decision. The added bonus is you can get a new FZ1 mirror for around $50-$60 and you can buy an OEM painted mirror new for around $120 each.

Thanks lone wolf, how do the FZ1 mirrors look on the 06? Kevin
Kevin

I did almost the exact thing and damaged the right mirror here's a pic of the FZ1 mirrors on my 2012 (same color as the 2006) there are also threads on here about the part numbers etc - to me it was worth the upgrade - agreed it was more expensive than just replacing one with a Stock OEM but so much more vision out the rear and only about 30 mins to fit the new ones. There is a small gap between the base of the mirror boot and the fairing, but I don't notice it

DSC00530.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep way better and they fold in easily for tight spaces and that's a very nice bonus. I had read some where people had talked about a slight gap between the rubber boot and the bike. When I mounted mine I wrapped the rubber boot around the base where it attaches to the bike and then tightend it down. I have no gap there and it looks great.

Good luck on your decision for OEM or the FZ1 mirrors.

Scott

Thanks lone wolf, how do the FZ1 mirrors look on the 06? Kevin
Kevin

I did almost the exact thing and damaged the right mirror here's a pic of the FZ1 mirrors on my 2012 (same color as the 2006) there are also threads on here about the part numbers etc - to me it was worth the upgrade - agreed it was more expensive than just replacing one with a Stock OEM but so much more vision out the rear and only about 30 mins to fit the new ones. There is a small gap between the base of the mirror boot and the fairing, but I don't notice it

DSC00530.JPG
Jeff ,do you remember what year FZ 1 you used to get the part numbers for your mirrors ? I have an '06 Gen ll & was unsuccessful

with the numbers that where given for the mirrors in another post. Thanks a lot. Sliick

YUP. My right side mirror stem broke when 60 mph wind gust blew the feej over

in my driveway. I had replaced the oem mirror before with another new oem for $85

several years ago.

This time I bought $28.00 FJ1 replacement pair on ebay. I like em alot. even the

carbon fiber print.