06 Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
We're all hoping the new risers that doug hines is getting ready to make will help elleviate some of wrist pain discussions. . I've sent him a note concerning the "no modification" tag thats been put on the risers. I dont see how risers will work on the right side of the bike with the current cable length (expecially when the the bars are locked). Does Yamaha have a possible QC issues here? Id like to hear if other forum members think they could get a 13/8 inch riser on the right side and still be able to lock there steering. Doug has only tested this on his bike. Might be good information to pass on if theres different cable lengths on these monsters. My last 2 st1100 had different cable lengths in those areas. Wondering if the FRJ has the same issues.

thanx

GreyGoose

We're all hoping the new risers that doug hines is getting ready to make will help elleviate some of wrist pain discussions. . I've sent him a note concerning the "no modification" tag thats been put on the risers. I dont see how risers will work on the right side of the bike with the current cable length (expecially when the the bars are locked). Does Yamaha have a possible QC issues here? Id like to hear if other forum members think they could get a 13/8 inch riser on the right side and still be able to lock there steering. Doug has only tested this on his bike. Might be good information to pass on if theres different cable lengths on these monsters. My last 2 st1100 had different cable lengths in those areas. Wondering if the FRJ has the same issues.
thanx

GreyGoose
Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Below is a pic of risers mounted, handlebars turned fully and locked with key. Eventhough the risers are 1 3/8" tall, the handlebars only have to come up 1 1/8" higher than they do to get over the stock mounting stud. The critical factor is getting them over the mounting stud as once that is done the handlebars are lowered back onto the risers.

As I told GreyGoose, my bike is the only one I have available to do the testing on and there is absolutely no problem getting my cables on and turning bars from lock to lock. I'm just hoping Yamaha has some decent Quality Control on their cables.

Locked_Bars.jpg