06 Test Rides At IMS Shows

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone test rode the FJR at the IMS show in Houston on Nov. 12th and 13th? According to the Yamaha show schedule, that is the only place to have a demo for the Yamaha's as of yet. The next one will be in San Jose, CA. Dec. 17th and 18th. I would like to hear a report on the 06 test drive if anyone did one. Hopefully I will be able to test one out in San Jose and if I do will try and give a report on the ride. And will have the digital camera as well. What else can a poor boy do while he waits and waits and..... Painman. :erm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wear baseball cleats or golf shoes and one footed people in line will jump out of the way. (Don't ask me how I know)

Sorry, Painman, but there were no FJRs (new or old models)@ the Houston show the Yammie staffer I talked to said they only brought Star bikes. He said he had noot riden the new FJR yet. His speculation was that there wold noot be FJR modells for test rides for several months. Maybe Daytona??

? :angry:

Yeah! I'dm be willing to bet that there are only 4 FJRs in North America. 2 on the East Coast and 2 on the West coast--or maybe only 2 and they truck them a lot. :haha:

I'm guessing that because They only had the "AE" at Alices, and they only had the "A" at the Eastern unveiling.

I amazed they don't tour a test-drive program with the IMS show. They could easily double their sales. Someone at Yamaha USA is penny-wise and pound-foolish.

:( You guy's are no fun. I think I'll get my golf shoes or baseball cleats on and go look for a ride on the 2 on the west coast. It must be in the truck with the guy with one foot.... :blink: :blink: :blink: waiting and waiting and....... Painman.

There's only one left on the west coast. FJR_Pig made up some bogus charge and confiscated the A model during the Seattle show last weekend.

Too bad though, just as he was making his get away, Sparky's formidable drool pool got him all spun out. It was pretty ugly!
default_black%20eye.gif

According to the Yamaha rep at the Seattle show, there is only (3) pre-production 2006 FJRs in the States. And they are not available for test rides.