06FJR1300 w/ Tobin Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoa. Triple decker. Cool! Comfort is going to be the boards big question. Go ride 600 miles and report please, and have nice pics of the ride too :)

whoa. Triple decker. Cool! Comfort is going to be the boards big question. Go ride 600 miles and report please, and have nice pics of the ride too :)

+1 Comfort is number one, price is number 2, but the seat looks cool. Do you mind sharing the price and how long it took to get it turned around?

OrangevaleFJR,

The reason I replaced the seat was because the stock seat would get uncomfortable (hot) to me at about 80 miles.

I've ridden 1625 miles in 1.5 days on a another custom seat, (Mustang). I'll post my findings as soon as I can.

bob

+1 Comfort is number one, price is number 2, but the seat looks cool. Do you mind sharing the price and how long it took to get it turned around?
OHFJR,

The price was $225.00 which also covers return shipping via UPS ground. Tobin received my seat on June 19, & I got it back yesterday July 12. Tobin told me that if I was in a rush he could turn it around in 2 days +2 days, overnight shipping both ways. Of course I would pay the expedited delivery charges.

I and another Yamaha rider paid an additional $35.00 each to have the Yamaha artwork logo digitized & stiched into our seats. So the triple tuning bar logo is now available for other users.

bob

Last edited by a moderator:
not even sure what to make of that seat. How tall are you bob? doesn't that bump in the back keep you from scooting back on the seat? The leg room must be cramped.

not even sure what to make of that seat. How tall are you bob? doesn't that bump in the back keep you from scooting back on the seat? The leg room must be cramped.
Temp357,

At 5'8" & 30" inseam the area that you refer to as the "bump" was wasted space to me. I am now in a pocket, and don't slide back when I throttle up. Tobin could have made the rider seat without the "bump"

but he was copying another design of a Hayabusa seat that I liked. My wife requested the "bump" on her seat as well, because the fjr1300 has the tendency of going from slow to fast instantaneously.

bob

Last edited by a moderator: