07 delivery and pricing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazyguy

Reaction score
So lets here from anybody who's getting a new 07. I'm thinking real hard of trading my 05 in on a new 07. Would like to know what a good price on a 07 would be. I'm talking selling price before tax and tags. MSRP is $13,799 and some dealers will add delivery and set up fees then discount from there. Also, what time of year do you think they give the best prices. Thanks for any feedback.

I just stopped by my dealer today to pick up a cycle news for my vacation starting tomarrow. I ran into my dealer and he told me that my bike had just come in about an hour ago and of course was still in the crate. The price I had worked with him was for $12685.00 OTD with no tax as I have a LLC out of Montana and that's where it will be registered. Unfortunetly I will not be able to take delivery for about a month as I have to go out to Atlanta for work training after I get back from vaction until the 8th.

But it is here and I'm ready to get back on a road bike after a few years away.

Last bike was a 02' BMW K1200RS

So lets here from anybody who's getting a new 07. I'm thinking real hard of trading my 05 in on a new 07. Would like to know what a good price on a 07 would be. I'm talking selling price before tax and tags. MSRP is $13,799 and some dealers will add delivery and set up fees then discount from there. Also, what time of year do you think they give the best prices. Thanks for any feedback.
MSRP plus delivery and setup seems steep to me. Most folks can find bikes for MSRP or less sans the charges. D&H in Alabama is probably the benchmark for a low price......compare accordingly.

The question is now whether dealers will deal as much as they did with the PDP or will prices be more varied as they're having to pay for flooring to sell the bike.

I got my '07 for $13300 OTD. I believe that it breaks down to about $12000 + ~$400 delivery/uncrating fee + 6% sales tax + title/plates. I made the deal and put down my deposit before any pricing or other info was available for the '07, so negotiations were based on '06 pricing. The dealer was nice and didn't raise the negotiated price when the slightly higher MSRP for the '07 was announced :) . I'm not taking delivery until June, because that's when my budget will allow the purchase :( .

Maybe we can get lotecredneck to chime in here (since he's an actual dealer who gives killer prices...).

Maybe we can get lotecredneck to chime in here (since he's an actual dealer who gives killer prices...).
Chips ordered his from D&H. I *think* (please don't quote me) he was given $11.8k, OTD.

CHIPS!! Speak up, man.

#1............ Where are you?

D&H has had the best prices but if you live in Kali add 15% for the honor. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Chips ordered his from D&H. I *think* (please don't quote me) he was given $11.8k, OTD.

CHIPS!! Speak up, man.
Yep. $11,779 OTD and I pay my tag and registration fees when I go to license it here in DE. Of course it will cost me some money to go get it but I won't include those costs if it's a fly and ride adventure.

#1............ Where are you?

D&H has had the best prices but if you live in Kali add 15% for the honor. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
From his post in the Classified section I believe he's an hour north of me in Allentown, PA.

insideout said:

Got mine in upstate ny for 12,600...plus tax.

I bought mine from D&H. I've talked to the guys there several times over the past two days, as the truck is on it's way but has not yet arrived. :angry2: Gerald told me about noon today that the truck was "somewhere between Atlanta and Culman". If it shows up Thursday morning, I'll go pick it up Friday afternoon. The weather looks abnormally warm this weekend, anyone up for a Deals Gap run?

$11,779., no other charges from D&H. When I get it back to NC, I pay 3% tax ($353.37) and transfer my plate.

Every dealer is of course going to have widely different pricing, but more importantly, dealers who haven't sold many Feejers in '06, won't get many in '07, so availability to them may effect their price. If you can swing a trip to Cullman, it might be worth the effort. It was an easy decision for me since the local stealers will NOT deal, and Cullman is only 350 miles away, and I have a nice trailer. :rolleyes:

I have them in stock for $12,299.00 plus tax and registration if your reside in Texas. If out of state, then it's $12,299.00.

Tony

Thanks for all replies. Yes I live in the Allentown, Pa. area and I'm going to check out a local dealer Saturday that just got one in. I called D&H and was also Quoted $11,779 with about March delivery. Anybody want to buy a nice 2005?

Am getting mine in Lexington, KY for $12,200 plus $149 for setup, tags and enclosed delivery to my house 40 miles away . Thought about D&H and even talked to them but decided it would cost me the difference ($550) in cash, time and trouble to go to Cullman and get it. Probably would have gotten it quicker though. Mine, at last word, is not scheduled to ship until April even though they told me mid-December to mid-January when I put down my deposit. More than a little PO'ed about that but not a lot I can do about it. :angry: But truly don't think the dealer intentionally misled me. They were really easy to work with and I think MamaYama is just not shipping when the dealer expected?????

I have them in stock for $12,299.00 plus tax and registration if your reside in Texas. If out of state, then it's $12,299.00.

Tony
WOW, this is a small world. Tony, we met at Hot Spring few years back at the ISRA get together. Glad to see you are here as well. Say hi to Brad from Alex in Chicago, he is still with you, right?

I was quoted 11,800 OTD at I75 in Kentuck. I bought a new blue (06') this week at 11,500 OTD in Indiana then payed 500 for delivery to Texas.

Regards,

B

It seems like everyone must travel to get the better or best pricing. Does anyone factor in a 1way flight to that destination and how much is it really worth to circumvent the dealer that may actually have to do warranty work on your baby?

It seems like everyone must travel to get the better or best pricing. Does anyone factor in a 1way flight to that destination and how much is it really worth to circumvent the dealer that may actually have to do warranty work on your baby?
Yep, I factor in the flight, gas, food and motel costs for the trip home and delivery timeframe. My choices were paying retail at my local shop and getting a bike "sometime afer spring, take it or leave it" or travel a few miles, save a few thousand and get the bike before February, and have a great sales experience.

As far as warranty service, what are you implying? That a dealer will do a less than satisfactory service because I didn't buy from them?

Yep, I factor in the flight, gas, food and motel costs for the trip home and delivery timeframe. My choices were paying retail at my local shop and getting a bike "sometime afer spring, take it or leave it" or travel a few miles, save a few thousand and get the bike before February, and have a great sales experience.

As far as warranty service, what are you implying? That a dealer will do a less than satisfactory service because I didn't buy from them?
I priced an 06 at local dealer (full list + fees) I saw him a week or so later and he asked if I was ready to order the bike I indicated I had purchased out of state. He stated we will not service it. Nothing like local dealer support. I suspect he will have to service it but I am sure it will be hassle.

I priced an 06 at local dealer (full list + fees) I saw him a week or so later and he asked if I was ready to order the bike I indicated I had purchased out of state. He stated we will not service it. Nothing like local dealer support. I suspect he will have to service it but I am sure it will be hassle.
Well that dealer is what I would term a "RETARD". Dealers make "some" margin on new bike sales and make "stupid" margin in the service department. If he had half a brain, he would welcome anyone and everyone that owned an internal combustion motor with 2 wheels!!