'07 model "DREAM"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, DBX avatar good. Shu not so....
awe, c'mon toe. that's as pretty as i get, and it took a pro to make me look THAT good.... i suppose you liked the one i had for a while with that lovely curve of my darlin's slightly censored breast, eh?

OK. i'll find somethin else... whiner.

shu

When I bought the FJR I had only ridden cruisers. Roadstar to be exact, and kept thinking I needed to shift into a 6th gear. I few months on the bike and I reoriented to the higher revs and it never bothered me anymore. Having said that is there anyway to calculate what, if any, improvement gain in mpg you might get with a 6th gear? I'm assuming there would be some but I have no idea what. For instance, cruising at 80mph in 5th gets you 46mpg. what could you expect with a 6th gear?

Glenn

I wouldn't see myself ever using it except on the super slab.

tie down points? does your bike spend THAT much time in the truck?

ride safe,

shu
No, but it does spend a bit of time on the ferry between the UK and Europe so tie-downs would be an asset. It was always hell trying to lash down the R1 so it would not move in a rough sea :bad: :Snorkle:

Im not sure about you guys here... I don't do long enough rides to really warrant a 6th gear..

but I could see where it might be nice..

but then again.. that would make me have to downshift 2 times when Im playin around in 2 and 3 lane traffic.

And don't you guys deny it... you don't downshift this thing on the freeway?

I personally love to dump that bitch and pull some serious G's every chance I get...

Lets think about this.. 1st gear to 60, 2nd to 95 - 100, I drop that sucker in 4th at 70 all the time... and blow by stuff like it was standin still.... !!!!!

Local Commuting, no need for 6th

Soon enough, they will have a list of Yamaha add on's and there will never be an end to Aftermarket Farkles...

This bike rocks, bags on or off.. it will only get better as the years go on.. I have faith in Yamaha... !!!

I have faith too, thats why I'm waiting for the 08 FJR 1500 with 175 hp :yahoo: 510lbs dry wt. :p
Glenn

Sweet... I love the way you think... and Im a waiter for the 08 also... hopin that they make some small improvements...

And see what comes about...

:clapping:

Speaking of taller gearing, has anyone taken the '06 to the limit to see how the top end compares to previous model year bikes?

Speaking of taller gearing, has anyone taken the '06 to the limit to see how the top end compares to previous model year bikes?

Ian, as I think you're VERY aware, [SIZE=14pt]we just don't do that type of thing !!!. [/SIZE] Heaven Forbid !! That's a NO-NO !!

I, for one, have NEVER exceeded the posted speed limit while parked. Nope. Not at any time has my garage seen me moving at any speed greater than the posted speed limit !! :evilgrin:

(Holy crap, these pain pills are GREAT !! :crazy: I highly recommend shoulder surgery !! )

awe, c'mon toe. that's as pretty as i get, and it took a pro to make me look THAT good.... i suppose you liked the one i had for a while with that lovely curve of my darlin's slightly censored breast, eh?
OK. i'll find somethin else... hetero.
There, fixed it for you. No thanks necessary...

OK. i'll find somethin else... hetero.
There, fixed it for you. No thanks necessary...

i'd say "bite me", but you'd probably make something of that, too... but it IS the sentiment that comes to mind. <sigh> it just DOES seem so true that those who protest most loudly have the gravest internal doubts. be at peace, cutter-man. s'all good. no one cares for your proclivities more than mine. and no one gives a shite for anyone else's opinion, anyway. haven't you been slammin and jammin here long enough to figure that part out?

shu