08 fuel miles per gallon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some mileage for you...

A recent study found the average American walks about 900

miles per year.

Another study found Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of

beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the

gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an American

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what vehicle I drive, I can never get the high mileage numbers I see people post. Maybe I'm too heavy on the throttle?

I sunk to new lows this past weekend. Riding with wife (combined close to 400 lbs with gear on) and full bags (trunk too) I managed to get 32mpg on one tank. Of course this was at speeds close to 100mph going UP a mountain pass (I90 Idaho into Montana). Usually I get closer to 40 riding solo in mixed city/highway.

Here's some mileage for you...

A recent study found the average American walks about 900

miles per year.

Another study found Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of

beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the

gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an American

:p
:lol: :lol:

Currently 43.4mpg

I don't pay very close attention, but it's usually around 45mpg when used primarily for commuting.

62 MPG, thats Imperial ( Canadian eh, 160oz to the gallon...25% larger than the non-hoser Yankee gallon). Last summer I was getting as much as 64-65mpg during warm weather. Now, with the updated ECU, 62.8 is the most I can squeeze out of my `07 so far. But thats still ok and with the new ECU, definitely runs better anyways! :clapping:

Just returned from a 3500 mile trip on my 07 throughout the west coast and south west US. Equal mix of mountain twisties and interstate transit. 190 lb rider with fully loaded luggage, top box, and large aftermarket windshield. No other modifications. Average speeds 5-10 mph above posted. This bike had only 650 miles on it when trip started so this was a break-in trip.

Best mileage- 55.23 (New Mexico)

Worst mileage- 42.13 (Washington)

Overall average- 47.54

Typically 43mpg (10 tank average) however as low as 36 for a full tank average when playing and running hard.

Regards,

B

Remember..

If you do not have your speedo error corrected (yellrbox or speedo healer).. Your Avg MPG indicator will be reading around 5% high.

WW

No matter what vehicle I drive, I can never get the high mileage numbers I see people post. Maybe I'm too heavy on the throttle?
I sunk to new lows this past weekend. Riding with wife (combined close to 400 lbs with gear on) and full bags (trunk too) I managed to get 32mpg on one tank. Of course this was at speeds close to 100mph going UP a mountain pass (I90 Idaho into Montana). Usually I get closer to 40 riding solo in mixed city/highway.
Too heavy on (or too much use of) the brakes puts the biggest dent on your gas mileage. Think of it like wasted energy just going into heating the brake pads and discs, and then having to use gas up again to get back up to speed. So if you really want save gas, stay off the brakes. If you really want to have fun then that's another story.

Of course cruising at 100mph sucks a good amount of fuel too...........

Last edited by a moderator: