'08 Givi 55 LED tail light upgrade questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedxmingus

Reaction score
Hello All, I am new to the forum and have some questions regarding installation of the GIVI 55 brake light kit. The contactor on the bag seems to go in unidirectionally due to the fact that there is a channel for the wire to go in. The contactor on the givi rack seems to be able to go in in any direction. My question for this step is, are led's polarity specific? If so, how would I safely test this?

Question two: After the above polarity is discovered what is the color coding for the positive and negative on the yamaha tail light harness?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jeff

are led's polarity specific?
yep

but this way is easy peavy

3639659031_6a5d74ee7f.jpg

I highly recommend the Addmore lighting from Premier CycleThey have Running, Turn, Brake, and Flashers! It was very easy to install, with very nice top quality connectors.

I highly recommend the Addmore lighting from Premier CycleThey have Running, Turn, Brake, and Flashers! It was very easy to install, with very nice top quality connectors.

I wish I knew that earlier, I have the entire GIVI kit installed, with the exception of terminating the wires. Guess I should have done some more research before I bought the GIVI kit. I guess I will just use the hope and pray method on the wiring. Time to get a shop manual to understand the wire harness better. Thank you for your input, have a great day. Jeff

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. Looks like Blue is tail, Yellow is brake, and Black is ground.

There is a previous thread on wiring in the Ardmore kit that I found very helpful, but I couldn't find it.

The search function sucks.

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. Looks like Blue is tail, Yellow is brake, and Black is ground.There is a previous thread on wiring in the Ardmore kit that I found very helpful, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the information. I will attempt the last step of installation tonight. It sounds like you did the admore kit of you top box, how do the wires route down to the tail/running lights? I have Givi rack with a 55 Box on a '08 FJR. Thank you.

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. Looks like Blue is tail, Yellow is brake, and Black is ground.There is a previous thread on wiring in the Ardmore kit that I found very helpful, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the information. I will attempt the last step of installation tonight. It sounds like you did the admore kit of you top box, how do the wires route down to the tail/running lights? I have Givi rack with a 55 Box on a '08 FJR. Thank you.

I have the E52 and ran the wiring down the starboard side and cut a notch in the tail plastic to rout it under the seat. another way would be to cut hole in the tail as close to the drop down point off of the rack and run the wires through a rubber grommet. think I may change to this method.

I have the E52 and ran the wiring down the starboard side and cut a notch in the tail plastic to rout it under the seat. another way would be to cut hole in the tail as close to the drop down point off of the rack and run the wires through a rubber grommet. think I may change to this method.
Thanks for the info, Looks like a trip to the local HD is in order for my lunch break.