'08's -- does your fuel gauge read "FULL"?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff62

Reaction score
So, I've searched and didn't find a thread on this. When filling my tank up to the recommended fill point my fuel gauge will read one bar shy of a full tank. Even when I slightly overfill, I might get a full reading for 5-6 miles. Is this normal for the bike? I'm trying to decide whether to make an issue of it with Yamaha.

Thanks!

So, I've searched and didn't find a thread on this. When filling my tank up to the recommended fill point my fuel gauge will read one bar shy of a full tank. Even when I slightly overfill, I might get a full reading for 5-6 miles. Is this normal for the bike? I'm trying to decide whether to make an issue of it with Yamaha.
Thanks!
I usually fill with the bike on the sidestand (too lazy to put on centerstand) so it probably doesn't get quite full. I fill up the very top of the tank, not into the neck though.

Gauge reads full and does so for several miles.

Mine is like yours: it never reads "full" unless I have it on the center-stand while gassing up.....just got used to it, I guess

Mine reads full for 20-30 miles, I guess. But then, I always top mine off as much as possible.

Thanks!
Are you putting the bike on the center stand when you fill it?

Same on mine. Usually have to cram as much in as possible and let it bubble through the filler section briefly, and even then the first bar goes quick.

I always fill mine on the sidestand, and only get a few miles on before the first bar is gone. Just to lazy to pop it up on the center stand to fill it, altho I might do that if I had some of those wide open western spaces to ride.

Yep, the first bar goes quick when filled on the side stand. Still goes a long way before needing a refill.

I stay on the seat and straddle mine. Fill it to the bottom of the neck.

Never really paid attention to how long the thing reads full.

Guess I'm curious now.

Just not too curious. :unsure:

Always fill mine on the center stand and to the top. It goes to full and stays there for 20-25 miles or so (never really paid attention).

Mine reads full for 20-30 miles, I guess.
When I first got my '07 a few weeks ago and filled the tank, it started off full for a very few miles and dropped a bar.

Now I squeeze in that last few clicks to really top it off - and it reads full for 25 miles before dropping a bar.

'07 first bar drops off quick...noticed it early on and hasn't chaned since. Always fill while seated....just lazy.

On the other hand, took the reserve to 42 miles last week, and the thing only took 5.5 gallons, meaning there was still a gallon left...