• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10% Off No-Mar Tire changer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see my tire changer has been shipped, and I got my 10% discount... which is pretty much "free shipping" for me, yay!

Thanks Chris!

Got my "Classic" today, and it's very nice. I think the included hints'n'tips DVD is absolutely killer. I wasn't totally doing tire changes all wrong, but they show a bunch of subtle tricks that save your butt. Kind of like all the tricks there are for brake bleeding. Couple of notes:

1) The threaded holes in the square center post were a little rusty and needed chasing with a tap before the countersunk M8x1.25 allens would thread in. No biggie, but if I didn't have the tap set I would have had difficulties. This looks like a production change, as the assembly video didn't cover this at all, but there was some paper instructions included.

2) The "preassembled" hinged post wasn't, and there was no instructions. I had to guess how it all went together, and the bolt was a very tight fit. If I didn't have a nice drift to align things, I'd still be cussin' - anybody else have this problem?

3) Anybody know what those "lag shield" things are actually called? The silver cylinder anchor things that go into the concrete? Searching homedepot.com & lowes.com doesn't find anything, and the clerk looks at me like I'm speaking Martian. Any help here? That's about all I have for hardware shops around here.

Anyways, these are all minor issues, and far outweighed by the fact I don't have to load rims & tires on the bike and haul them somewhere, and there will be a lot less swearing and screaming than there was with the Harbor Freight unit, especially since now I kind of know what I'm doing. I think I got my money's worth.

(oh, and also... Fed-Ex actually manged to deliver the thing on their first try! They didn't insist that I pick it up at the depot and try to carry it home on my bike! They also didn't try to insist that I spend the day home from work waiting for a delivery. That's definitely a first for those morons.)

Thanks for the group buy, I would otherwise have never gotten around to getting one of these.

Mine arrived today, all 275 lbs of it (FedEx terminal in Seattle) so I have to go pick it up tomorrow.

Mine came in on Friday. I ended up buying the JR Pro model instead of the Classic. I didn't have any directions with mine unless it was on the DVD that I have not looked at yet. What's nice about JR Pro compared to the classic is that they use a lot of knobs instead of bolts which makes for quick assembly and disassembly (I went with the trailer hitch mount). Overall it looks like a well made changer and I'm looking forward to actually using it.

Insert manly grunt sound here

Pawtracks picked up a pallet of performance parts from Puyallup!

(Say that really fast a couple of times)

FedEx terminal in Kent, WA really but the theme I was going with was a bunch of P words

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

No-mar Pro Ultimate package, Big Rack 60 & Monster balancer

275# of Happy Birthday to me a few days early :yahoo:

Thanks again Chris, great job on the group buy!

It paid for my shipping and then some...

Last edited by a moderator:
Insert manly grunt sound here
Pawtracks picked up a pallet of performance parts from Puyallup!

(Say that really fast a couple of times)

FedEx terminal in Kent, WA really but the theme I was going with was a bunch of P words

No-mar Pro Ultimate package, Big Rack 60 & Monster balancer

275# of Happy Birthday to me a few days early :yahoo:

Thanks again Chris, great job on the group buy!

It paid for my shipping and then some...
That sure looks like the "ultimaaaaaate" package :yahoo:

By the way you're all welcome it was my pleasure to do the GB. B) B)

well I got in late. but received my Junior pro today. fast shipping. only took 4 days

anyone in Cheyenne need new tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.