12V Barrier Strip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spankyaf

Reaction score
Do you guys remember this farkle off of the FJR TEch site

My Webpage

Well, The Source aka Radio Shack aka Rat Shack discontinued the jumper strip.

Any suggestions on what I can use instead?

Search the archives. Look for fuse block, barrier strip etc. There are some really good posts on some good looking devices. I can't remember exactly but I saw some cool stuff posted over the last 4 years.

Spank,

I just picked up that stuff at Rat Shack 2 days ago for the wifes' Bandit. (Arizona)

If your in a pinch, PM me and I'll go grab you one. They had several in stock.

I bought one today - they had several - I bought an 8 hole one a couple of weeks ago - and was looking for a 4 or 6 today. They had a 6, but no jumpers for the 6-hole - only the 8.

Try another Rat Shat (TM- Dumb looks are free - can I have your phone number?)

so I asked the guy today - when he asked for my phone number.... if I could have his? He wouldn't give it to me - so I didn't give him mine. Does that make me mean?

I have the barrier strip its the damn jumper plate that they discontinued here. Toronto Ont

Thx for the help I love this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any electrical wholesale house should have or can get them, Ideal brand 2-12 pole.

WW Grainger also carries these if your company has an account (Business to Business only).

Do a search on Blue Sea and/or Centech fuse block. Both are nice pieces of equipment.

I have the Blue Sea mounted under the passenger seat...like it was made to fit there.

so I asked the guy today - when he asked for my phone number.... if I could have his? He wouldn't give it to me - so I didn't give him mine. Does that make me mean?
I just tell them I don't have a phone. Sometimes I say I live in my car too.

I bought one today - they had several - I bought an 8 hole one a couple of weeks ago - and was looking for a 4 or 6 today. They had a 6, but no jumpers for the 6-hole - only the 8.
Try another Rat Shat (TM- Dumb looks are free - can I have your phone number?)

If you get the jumper for the 8 position strip, two pairs of pliers can made it in to a 6 or 4 position jumper. Worked great for me.

If you get the jumper for the 8 position strip, two pairs of pliers can made it in to a 6 or 4 position jumper. Worked great for me.
I'll take a step farther and say that my 8 position block with a jumper cut 5 and 3 to a side makes me have 10 postive connection points and 6 ground point (I mark up those terminals with a sharpie so I don't get confused).

I went with the Centech complete kit. Hopefully may install next weekend. Great kit and they have a complete wiring kit w/ relay available now as well. Really simplifies things as everything comes in 1 box and with good instructions and tech support.

Electrical Connection has a nice one as well. A little pricey considering it COULD be done for $10, but it looks nice. My only gripe would be the torx screws on the power block - have to make sure I have the wrench handy. Otherwise, complete kit (no ground block - I went the Radio Shack road with that), and very easy, one page instructions.

https://www.electricalconnection.com/power-...tion/pplate.htm

Any good marine supply house carries those products. Not knowing where you're located you can always check West Marine

West Marine

for this
M427t.jpg

or this, 6 0r 12 fuse with grounding block
fuseblock_f.jpg

NYPete

Can anybody reccommend a heat gun for shrink wrapping wires? E-bay has a crap load and its just overload in trying to pick one.