1st FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geofizz

Reaction score
Bought an 08 FJR at Champion in Costa Mesa yesterday. I have been riding a Honda VTX 1800 the last 4 years and it was lots of fun but I put 300 miles on the FJR today and don't know if I'll ever get back on the VTX!! What a rush (even while staying under 4500 rpm). I will have to look through the forum and read up on seat and riser options. Looking forward to meeting some of you FJR vets

BG

Congrats on the new FJR. Enjoy your new love. Nothing like those first few weeks and several hundred miles. Though mine still puts a smile on my face after 5 years and 150,000 miles.

Let me be the first, uhh third, to offer you a very warm welcome.

I am on my second FJR after being out of the "club" for two years and it is great. I just returned from breaking it in - on a 2K mile trip. YOu'll definitely be looking for some improved seating options - plenty of info out there - just search for Russel Mayer, Sargent, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought an 08 FJR at Champion in Costa Mesa yesterday. I have been riding a Honda VTX 1800 the last 4 years and it was lots of fun but I put 300 miles on the FJR today and don't know if I'll ever get back on the VTX!! What a rush (even while staying under 4500 rpm). I will have to look through the forum and read up on seat and riser options. Looking forward to meeting some of you FJR vetsBG
Good luck, it will be a blast.

Welcome, I to came from a VTX1800. Spent a lot of money on it to get it like I wanted. That thing is a tire eater. Well after only 3 weeks with the FJR I can tell you I would not go back to a cruiser. Too uncomfortable and the gas mileage on it sucked. I loved it, but I don't miss it now. This bike is the best I've ever used. Now to start adding the things I want to add. AGAIN.

Congratulations on the new Feejer and welcome to the forum. My wife is about to limit my time on here as it seems every night I find something else I "have to have" for my Feejer. I think it is a disease! :stunned: :sick:

Enjoy!

beg,

Now the fun begins. I'm on my first FJR too. Replaced a BMW K1200LT. No regrets! You are going to fall more and more in love with that bike.

Have fun and stay safe.

Keith

Welcome !!!!! I bought my first FJR (08) 3 months ago, traded in my VStrom DL1000. Three months and 6500 miles later, no regrets, this bike just flat out rocks. The FJR is a whole different animal at 6000+ rpms, thats where the demons live.

Welcome BG and congratulations. I've had my new '08 for a little more than a week. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday (after an awesome 160 mile ride) for the 600 mile service. Shed a tear, but they said they get it back to me Monday night. Like nearly everyone here, I've owned plenty of bikes ... but there is something a little different about this one. Has its quirks to be sure. One of the things I like about it is that it confuses other riders - they are not sure what to do with a "touring" bike that can also jack-slap them upside the head.

Welcome to the forum. This place is a terrific resource and also one of the best collections of characters around (outside of San Quentin).