1st Post - Barrier strip question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtJ1107

Reaction score
Working on my newly acquired FJR. I'm wanting to put a barrier strip under the dash, my question is where? I was spoiled by previous bike, a wing. Lots of room to work in. I would like to put it the right side. I plan on feeding it by a piece of fused 10ga wire. It will feed: 1) Clearwater lights 2) Strebel horn 3) A SAE plug for air compressor and charging 4) A fuze block under the seat. The fuze block will handle the electronics. I will run a 12ga wire to it from the barrier strip.

I've tried searching, many post on how to wire the barrier strip. Just haven't seen any on where to put it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Art

Right side is crowded, try the left side. I mounted mine to the frame

behind the glove box.

A lot of us here are using the Eastern Beaver PC8 which is a fused distribution set-up. There are other variants of it that some here use as well. It's a much cleaner solution and far easier to access when it goes under the rear seat up in the tail.

My GPS, Radar Detector, Heated Gear, Stebel Horn, Autocom, USB port charger, and whatever else I have bolted on are connected to the PC8. 6 of those 8 connections on the PC8 are ignition dependent and 2 are hot all the time.

Try googling... FJRtech
I did and have read his instructions many times. I was hoping to install it

behind the right dash panel some where. Looks like that that won't work. Thanks

for your suggestion anyways.

A lot of us here are using the Eastern Beaver PC8 which is a fused distribution set-up. There are other variants of it that some here use as well. It's a much cleaner solution and far easier to access when it goes under the rear seat up in the tail.

My GPS, Radar Detector, Heated Gear, Stebel Horn, Autocom, USB port charger, and whatever else I have bolted on are connected to the PC8. 6 of those 8 connections on the PC8 are ignition dependent and 2 are hot all the time.
another choice is the fuzeblock. It's smaller and I think less total current capacity. I like mine because on my Gen I, it fits in the nose next to the cockpit right behind the front black panel. It's actually snugged into a crevice next to the right windshield mechanism arm. But I remember thinking if I was going with an underseat install with room to spare, I'd go with the Eastern Beaver with the addition of the separate relay. My fuzeblock comes with a relay installed inside the unit.

Thanks Doc. I believe thats what I'll end up doing with my fuzeblock. It has served me well on the wing with no hiccups. I believe it's about the same as the PC8 except it has a built in relay.

Last edited by a moderator: