2 months into the new bike...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 monovision contacs where 1 eye is corrected at a distance and the other eye corrected for the speedometer.
My mother just had Lasik surgery done that did exactly this but without contacts or glasses. Her job requires that she be able to see vials with very small writing on them and be able to see her computer screen. Her astigmatism was very bad and is now corrected so that she sees very well. If you're not sure, call a reputable Lasik surgeon and go in for an evaluation. Most of the time they are free and they will tell you what can/cannot be done.

**Edit** Also, if she is not happy with the near/far thing, they will correct her vision to 20/20 in both eyes for free. They did mine too and I now see 20/15. If your interested, PM me and I'll tell you who did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sc-03-lg.jpg

Exactly. I have mine sitting right in front of the stock speedo...which I dont really use anymore.

My only complaint is the teeny tiny turn signal indicators. The Gen I's are much better.

I think the biggest thing that really bothers me about the bike, and this has been mentioned before, is the small numbers on the speedo. I'm guessing, and I apologize in advance to those of you younger than say 45 (i'm 52), that most of us are 50 or so, and we all know what happens to the eyes. I can see the numbers in the daylight (I wear contacts, but need glasses for reading) but at night the speedo is a blur. I am wondering if that would work as an excuse to avoid those "performance awards" you guys talk about. I would think a digital display for the speedo would be real nice.
Yep, I agree on that speedo numbers score. I can see the numbers, but I have to look down at them for too long. (I'm 56.) Hands down, the best instruments I've ever seen are on a 2000 and later Honda Blackbird (CBR 1100XX), IMO. Analog tach in the middle. Clock, fuel, temp, etc. on left. Digital speedo with BIG (almost 1 inch tall) well buffered numerals on the right. Tach and speedo are instantly readable with just a glance.

Last edited by a moderator:
What engineering power house designed the wheels with valve stems that close to the frikkin' wheel spoke? And why aren't there 45 degree angled stems from the factory? Ok, I'm done.

I am really enjoying the bike. It's everything I've read on here and more. You guys are all to be commended for having such a great resource that newrbies like myself can turn to for really good information and honest opinions. Thanks!

I really feel you will come to love the FJR. There are some short comings that can easily be fixed.

90 degree valve stems from Bike Effects, work great and are a cheap easy fix.

Enjoy-