2 screws under the windsheild for the "Stay"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionswings

Reaction score
I think it's called the Stay? I bought a Rifle sheild and tuning block and was going to put it on and one of the screw heads were stripped out. I went to Bike Bandit to buy them. They are $1.94 each (No biggie) but shipping was going to be $9.10 for 2 f'ing screws! Anyone know another place to buy them...I've check all my local hardware stores with no luck.

By the way, this Rifle is AWESOME without the tuning block! Much better than stock.

My go-to place for miscellaneous hardware is McMaster-Carr - lots of great stuff, at reasonable prices, and with reasonable shipping.

Did you get the Sport or the Touring model of the Rifle?

You mean two recessed tapered head fasteners you stick an allen wrench in kinda like this?

94530_01t.jpg

If so, I stripped one myself and went to the local uber-cool regional fastener store (Tacoma Screw & Fastener) and they provided me stainless replacements for about $0.50 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lion

They are 6mm x 20mm (not positive about the length) flat head screws. You can buy some at a hardware store. I bought a handful at McMaster Carr. I have some long ones (25mm I think that would have to be cut. No big deal- that's what I did when experimenting with making a 'tuning block". I can send you a couple of the 6x25 if you wish. PM me.

My go-to place for miscellaneous hardware is McMaster-Carr - lots of great stuff, at reasonable prices, and with reasonable shipping.
Did you get the Sport or the Touring model of the Rifle?
I think it's the touring...I bought it off Ebay. It is 21" tall and 22" wide. I was very happy with it on my short ride at lunch today. I'm real curious to see how it is with the tuning block though.

You mean two recessed tapered head fasteners you stick an allen wrench in kinda like this?
94530_01t.jpg

If so, I stripped one myself and went to the local uber-cool regional fastener store (Tacoma Screw & Fastener) and they provided me stainless replacements for about $0.50 each.
Yes sir, those would be it!

You live in Tacoma? I lived out there for 2 1/2 years from 85 to 88. LOVED it out there!

You live in Tacoma? I lived out there for 2 1/2 years from 85 to 88. LOVED it out there!
No. I partied a few times at UPS during that time frame though. ;)

They're regional with one about 1/2 mile from my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got em at Ace Hardware. I don't know whether they should be blue loctited in, but mine came loose and the windshield started flopping a little bit, so now they are loctited.