2 separate episodes of Road Rage at night

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shall be quite distraught when I have to toss old Maybelle.
I hope you're saving old Maybelle for a truly worthy offender. Does she often travel with you?

Just thought of the origin of the phrase 'Awww, rats!' For a very MINOR offense, one should launch a rat or two. Their long tails are ideal launchers for the offender who thinks he got away. It provides quite a show, getting the rat up to the right RPM before letting go. In fact, a rat could be used as a pre-emptive strike. So..... you THOUGHT about cutting me up - here's your rat.

You didn't make the mistake of trying a skunk did you? The colors look good as they fly, but they leave you with more than a memory.

Jill

I shall be quite distraught when I have to toss old Maybelle.
I hope you're saving old Maybelle for a truly worthy offender. Does she often travel with you?

Just thought of the origin of the phrase 'Awww, rats!'

You didn't make the mistake of trying a skunk did you? The colors look good as they fly, but they leave you with more than a memory.

Jill
Right, but not many rats have the plague anymore so they have lost their effectiveness. I do hear some squirrels in the Sierra have the plague though. Let's try it:

"Oh! Squirrels."

No. That just won't do. I a very mono-animalian when it comes to road rage tossing, I'll just stick to cows. All this conjecture is giving me a headache.

I don't want to give away how often I am armed with cows. It's random though, and people just shouldn't chance it.

As y'all city slickers might imagine, out here in the west we don't hesitate to right quick apply a little vigilante justice. And we have our share of polecats too dumb to pour sand out of a boot even if the instructions is writ on the heel. You might notice all them squashed critters on the road - gophers, skunks, jackalopes, 'coons, coyotes..even bigger ones like deer and elk and even mooses (generally our ranchers keeps their livestock inside the fence). Well, those are just messy little reminders for the next folks who might forget their manners on the road. Personally, I've only had to smarten up one ornery old cayouse: whacked him with an antelope I keep bungied to the back rack for emergencies just such as this.

I'm posting this here, as this happened last night while heading home from the Napa ride. I'm not sure this is the right spot for the thread though? I still can't believe this all transpired in less than half an hour of one-another.
On the way home I had 2 encounters with road raging cagers, first some lady in a late model honda accord tried to take me out twice on I-5 heading south toward Stockton. First she tried to put my in the shoulder with a hard right swerve and I managed to out brake her, then she slowed down and slammed on in front of me in the fast lane and I avoided her again with a full grab of the brake lever. Finally the crazy bitch sped away and for the first time I felt completely vulnerable on 2 wheels. I have no idea what triggered her to do this? I've never struck a woman in my life and have very strong feelings about any man that does, but I would have kicked the shit out of her if I had the opportunity.

Then on Hwy4, not 20 minutes later I had another car (some large type US brand) come from within a group of cars behind me and just sit right on my fender and was all over the road behind me, I got the impression the driver was either high or drunk. I stayed calm for about 2 miles, then started getting nervous. There's nothing out on Hwy4, just 2 lanes of farmland darkness for about 30 miles. I tried slowing way down and just moved across the lane to allow the car to pass, but the car came right up real fast and slammed the brakes on right behind my fender and I heard the tires chirp. Scary shit for sure. So I did the only thing I could think of to get away from this nut job, I nailed it for around 20 miles, throwing caution to my license, I figured I'd take my chances this way vs. the alternative unknowns of pulling over. The driver was staying with me right around a ton, albeit not holding a good line, so you get an idea of what transpired. The road finally smoothed out heading up hill and I was relieved to finally see the car lights disappear as I poured it on.

I know the dog-piling may ensue for advertised high rates of speed, but this was the only way I felt I could take control of the situation and not have to deal with whoever was in that car and why they want to start shit like this?

I really have to evaluate how vulnerable and completely defenseless I felt against a hunk of steel and people who gave me the impression they want to take me out. If I had pulled over with car #2, which had at least 2 occupants, what would have I defended myself with, my tank-bag? I was in the middle of nowhere with no places of business etc to pull into. What would you guys do in this situation?

I haven't mentioned this to wifey and would appreciate nobody else doing so either, as this will cause her to worry big-time in the future when I'm out riding.

Stuff like this is enough to make me want to hang up the keys for 2 wheel enjoyment. Bastards!! :angry:
That is why I don't carry a gun during riding because if it was me in that situation I would have turned those drivers into hamburger above the shoulders then probably have to serve alot of time in the lockup. Glad you made out ok.