2 separate episodes of Road Rage at night

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two words: Ball bearings. ;)

[SIZE=8pt](I'm kidding.)[/SIZE]
Funny you should mention that, I was thinking the same thing myself.
Funny I haven't used that technique in over twenty years (when I used to rebuild motors). Bet you it is still as effective today was it was back then.

Like bullets hitting a windshield :assassin:

But then again...I'm older now....I should know better.

Last edited by a moderator:
if i carried a gun, i'd just get myself in more trouble. that's the reason i haven't gotten my ccw. i know someone would do something stupid and almost kill me, then i'd pull it.......... and you know the rest. at least i know myself good enough to know that's one thing i shouldn't have access to, at least not while driving.

if i carried a gun, i'd just get myself in more trouble. that's the reason i haven't gotten my ccw. i know someone would do something stupid and almost kill me, then i'd pull it.......... and you know the rest. at least i know myself good enough to know that's one thing i shouldn't have access to, at least not while driving.
That is the reason my wife's cousin stopped carrying a pistol in his car. He has a terrible temper and he came close to using it during a road rage incident he had 40 year ago.

However, the statistics don't support that proposition in those states where concealed carry is legal. Perhaps its the fact you are licensed and undergo some, although IMHO less than adequate, training. There have been few, none that I am aware of, cases of a CCW weapon being used in a crime. Interesting. In the Salt Lake City shopping mall incident, it was a person with a concealed weapon that stopped the carnage. He cornered and exchanged fire with the perpetrator until additional police arrived and were able to kill the shooter. He went up against a person with a shotgun which take a lot of courage. The fact he was an off duty LEO means nothing to the usefulness of having an armed "good guy" on the scene, when it happens. One could speculate as to the effectiveness of having say 1 in 3 or 1 in five citizens packing concealed weapons. Wouldn't the bad guys, (and let's face it there will always be bad guys) think twice before attempting such a thing. Even the crazy guys and terrorists might think twice because they know they wouldn't be able to kill enough people to satisfy their twisted fantasies. Just food for thought.

LC

Good move Skyway, you made the right choice and came out unscathed.

Road Rage and Stupid Fucking Drivers will never cease to exist.

It is waaaaaaaaaay too easy to get a license and you don't need an IQ test, so get used to it. Others have already said it, count to 10 and move on.

There is nothing you can do. Loose them, get out of their way, let them pass, whatever. Let them go, be the better person.

It would be great to pound the shit out of them, but it does no good. You cannot cure them, counsel them, or teach them.

Smile.

Good move Skyway, you made the right choice and came out unscathed.
Road Rage and Stupid Fucking Drivers will never cease to exist.

It is waaaaaaaaaay too easy to get a license and you don't need an IQ test, so get used to it. Others have already said it, count to 10 and move on.

There is nothing you can do. Loose them, get out of their way, let them pass, whatever. Let them go, be the better person.

It would be great to pound the shit out of them, but it does no good. You cannot cure them, counsel them, or teach them.

Smile.

yeah, i have tried to come to that same conclusion myself. no matter how much i scream and yell at someone, they're going to do the same thing again, so what's the point? i just hate the fact that there is no such thing as common courtesy anymore. everyone thinks that they are the only person on the earth. half the time when you try to alert someone to their stupidity, they don't even realize you're there anyway.

Two words: Ball bearings. ;)

[SIZE=8pt](I'm kidding.)[/SIZE]
Funny you should mention that, I was thinking the same thing myself.
Funny I haven't used that technique in over twenty years (when I used to rebuild motors). Bet you it is still as effective today was it was back then.

Like bullets hitting a windshield :assassin:

But then again...I'm older now....I should know better.
When I am tired of people being mean to me in traffic, I just throw my cow at them.

CowSideCar.jpg

they do this a lot in England...

Where did the cow come from? A rider!

I'm all over that!! :dribble: :dribble:
You take Paypal?? :D
You're lucky, skyway! We are having a special sale. If you buy the gatling gun, you get this one for free!

carryconcealed4xr.jpg

carryinopen5ht.jpg

Ron

For those considering throwing ball bearings, nails, lugnuts, cows or anything else consider this. A woman in VA is facing a 2 year jail term because she threw ice cubes at somebody....

Ice Throwing Incident

As an extension of the the point I was trying to make earlier. When somebody else has snapped you dont want to become the problem in the eyes of the law. You want all the attention being paid to the other guy. You throw anything and they will pay far more attention to you than the other guy. Even he was "more" in the wrong to begin with.

Plus, You want revenge? Get it with the legal system. Fines for moving violations, tickets on his driving record, higher insurance rates, etc. Knowing the guy has to deal with all that is far more rewarding than the alternatives put forth above.

- Colin

PS. Yes I know most of the suggestions about throwing things are made in jest. But once I heard about the above story I thought it was worth mentioning again.

For those considering throwing ball bearings, nails, lugnuts, cows or anything else consider this. A woman in VA is facing a 2 year jail term because she threw ice cubes at somebody....
But how do I stop a raging cager with a cup of ice? I guess I could reach down and donate my 1/2 gallon rubbermaid jug? :D

I have my cell phone plumbed in, and in future will be reading license plates to 911 as I follow, hopefully? I did read the tips about turning around car #2 to evade, but he did not want me behind and I certainly wasn't going to swing around in front of him. I guess you had to be there.

I was kinda hoping FredH was going to give me a fix for a faulty cager, but alas.... :lol:

But how do I stop a raging cager with a cup of ice? I guess I could reach down and donate my 1/2 gallon rubbermaid jug? :D

I have my cell phone plumbed in, and in future will be reading license plates to 911 as I follow, hopefully? I did read the tips about turning around car #2 to evade, but he did not want me behind and I certainly wasn't going to swing around in front of him. I guess you had to be there.

I was kinda hoping FredH was going to give me a fix for a faulty cager, but alas.... :lol:
c'mon! Cows I tell you! All the other stuff might bounce/richochet/penetrate and hit someone else. Cows just kinda skid when the hit the pavement and you know if you miss your target you just suck! Plus, a car hitting a cow does some real damage. Not this pansy broken windshield crap.

Do your fellow drivers a favor. Throw a cow at road ragers! :rolleyes:

(I am joking. If someone takes this seriously and does this, don't blame me. I am blameless except in sunken ferries. If you hear about a sunken ferry, I was probably to blame. However, I cannot take credit for cow tossing from motorcycles.)

((Okay, I don't advocate sinking ferries either. That's my job. I also like to crush heads as seen on Kids in the Hall))

(((Head pinchers are whimps)))

((((in 1984 a 17 year old kid that was riding as a passeger in my vehicle threw a glass bottle on the road (Colfax Avenue viaduct coming out of Dowtown Denver) in front of a enduro motorcycle (it wasn't an FJR, my FJR is blue). I pulled over and offered the kid up for a beating and apologized to the rider. The rider just rode off. I made that kid walk home. Since then, I only throw cows and calzones from my vehicles. Sausage calzones. I don't know why. And I sink ferries. Maybe.))))

(((((have you ever enjoyed parenthetic communication?)))))

((((((I am English therefore I find senseless babble amusing. I can't help it if you aren't clever enough to find this stuff to be hilarious))))))

But then again "ball bearings"...........
New farkle coming soon: "skyway easy reach ball bearing dispenser" I like it!! :devil:

Put me down for a pair.

Twist it when you need to. The power to LEAVE AT WILL is an awesome tool.

I too have a concealed weapons permit. I do not carry on the bike. I also know if I were carrying and in that situation I would have still tried your exact moves before any other option involving my weapon. Once I am forced to go there it is a one way trip that should be avoided at all cost. You did good.

The ball bearing would need to be large enough to stop the cager (thinking spidered windshield). I would assume "Marbles" would work too

Like I said, Put me down for TWO of them when you get them built.

Sierra Hotel

Skyway had a Britney Spears sighting... Was that before she shaved her head??? :dribble: (Sorry couldn't resist)

I know those highways. There is nowhere to just turn off. Getting out of it safely is the best thing.

I do HATE Tailgaters!!! I have done the slow down thing too. I would like a better idea.

Last time I had a RR confrontation. I was making a left turn in town in my 68 F 250 and this young idiot starts to pull out not seeing the truck. I hit the horn, and I hit the gas. The back of the truck drifted giving more room so I didn't take his LF fender off. I stop at a store and the young snapper (& girlfriend) comes squaling up. I took the tire iron out from under the seat. He stopped. His view hitting the gas and drifting the truck out of the way hurt his macho immage. I was probably old enough to be his Daddy and talked the situation down. :rolleyes:

((((((I am English therefore I find senseless babble amusing. I can't help it if you aren't clever enough to find this stuff to be hilarious))))))

Ha ha ha. We English must stick together, especially when the 'others' don't laugh at our senseless babbling. :clapping:

Do you carry a supply of cows for tossing, on your bike? Or just stop and pick one up as needed? How about sheep and goats for lesser infractions? A really serious episode of bad driving might even warrant some bull (and there's plenty of THAT to go around).

Jill

Ha ha ha. We English must stick together, especially when the 'others' don't laugh at our senseless babbling. :clapping:

Do you carry a supply of cows for tossing, on your bike? Or just stop and pick one up as needed? How about sheep and goats for lesser infractions? A really serious episode of bad driving might even warrant some bull (and there's plenty of THAT to go around).

Jill
Oh. I hadn't thought of smaller animals for lesser offenses. I suppose that could get out of hand. It's quite an effort merely to keep stocked up with cows at the ready. I rarely take more than two cows on a trip and honestly, it's been a long time since I had to toss one. I'm getting a bit attached to them. When driving in angrier days, I hadn't noticed that cows have personalities. They do, you know; have characteristics unique from one another. I shall be quite distraught when I have to toss old Maybelle.