• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle For Sale 2003 Gen 1 For Sale bump with lower price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does NOS mean?
Go ahead and post that tomorrow. I will post this the day after
That's ok, it looks like a small paint touch up that would be a hell of a lot easier anyway. I was more concerned about how to fit the bike and the rest of this farkle collection in a pickup anyway. Congrats on the size of the garage you must have.
PM question here.
What about the left muffler? Is that a risk free topper mod? I.e. Do you have a factory fresh left muffler?

A better way to keep the ad in better view would be to bring up hwy miles vs city miles

My apologies to all. I thought all these messages were coming to me privately. Good thing I didn't say what I was REALLY thinking.
NOS means New Old Stock. As in brand new factory parts.
I have no idea what a risk free topper mod is.
Yes, the muffler is scratched up. If I had a new one I would have installed it or listed it in my ad.
I have been getting unsolicited opinions on how I should have listed this, or listed that. I have not recorded city/town vs highway miles. I do not know anyone who does, and frankly who cares. I rode the motorcycle, didn't abuse it, and took good care of it.
Please respond to me privately if you'd like to see it or test ride it. Actually please reply privately anyway. There is no reason to take up list bandwidth with speculations, advice, or opinions. I'm trying to sell my motorcycle. Period. You're either interested or not.

Here we go again. Lowering my price.

Asking $3000
Second owner
Valve guides replaced under factory warranty.
Fresh oil and filter change as of 6/17/24
Recent front/rear tires install
Radiator screen/guard
Recent front and rear brake rotors and pads install
PAIR system removed.
Spencer front seat mod.
Fiamme Hi/Lo horn install.
Ohlins rear shock
Fork springs swapped out for 2004 springs
Fork brace
Shorai Lithium battery.
Heli Bar risers. 1"back, 3/4" up.
LED front turn signals
LED Headlight bulbs
Garauld hydration system
Stainless brake lines front and rear
Cee Bailey windscreen
Steering nut mount for Garmin Zumo
Complete drive line and u-joint refresh when rear tire was installed
Bagster tank cover and tank bag
I mounted auxillary plugs on the left side (where the 2004 glove box would be) in anticipation of an Eastern Beaver PC8 install.

The bike has had two tip overs at zero MPH. One on the right side by previous owner, one by me on the left side, resulting in some paint scratching. I have a complete set of NOS 2003 Yamaha color matched right and left lower fairing parts as well as a new clutch cover still in the box. $500 value.
Accessory heated grips with all wiring included. Not currently installed. Parts saved in a box. I install the Suzuki (I think it is) handguards in winter to keep my hands out of the wind. These are included.
Brakeaway throttle lock.
Comes with factory side cases with liners and a factory top box. All color matched. Top box has never been used.

The currently installed tail piece is a spare to accomodate the givi rack. Didn't want to drill a hole in the stock tail piece. The stock unmolested tail piece is included. Right now the rear rack has the factory top case adapter installed.
RKA soft top case included.

Boxes and boxes of spare parts accumulated over almost ten years of ownership, including a euro headlight assembly and wiring harness, spare fasteners, drain plug crush washers, original turn signals, etc etc etc.

Boat load of paper work and maintenance records since new.

Please contact me with any questions. More photos on request
linky here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBw1MA

View attachment 7345

View attachment 7346
Hello, if you don’t mind a little extra work. Sell the bike without all the unattached extras for a lower price and sell all the accessories separately! The price is what attracts your buyer. Then you can offer the stuff to the buyer or to other Fjr owners.
Best of luck