• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle For Sale 2003 Gen 1 For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcal rider

Reaction score
Hello all,
With great sadness I must sell my Gen 1. Rode it yesterday, and of course wondered why I would sell it, but due to spine issues that are getting worse, this bike is just too darn heavy for me to move around, and I can barely get it on the center stand. I don't plan on stopping riding, but the reality is I need a lighter motorcycle. The sale of my FJR will go towards another bike. I've been lucky to have three motos, so the FJR was mainly used as a distance machine, thus the low miles for a 2003
Briefly, for now:
Asking $4200/best reasonable offer.
Second owner
The engine was one of the tickers, and the original owner did the factory recall with the valve guides replaced. He gave me the old parts and they go with the bike.
Fresh oil and filter change as of 6/17/24
Recent front/rear tires install
Radiator screen/guard
Recent front and rear brake rotors and pads install
PAIR system removed.
Spencer front seat mod. Best thing I could have done to the bike. The stock seat was painful. With the Spencer seat I can ride for hours no problem.
Fiamme Hi/Lo horn install. Stock horn is almost worthless. Although I will have to say I rarely use the horn. Reflexes have gotten me out of oh s*** moments and honking the horn has been the last thing I think about. But when I use the horns it commands attention. They are loud!
Ohlins rear shock
Fork springs swapped out for 2004 springs
Fork brace
Shorai Lithium battery. Same battery in the bike for almost 10 years now. Still holds 13+amps.
Heli Bar risers. 1"back, 3/4" up.
LED front turn signals
LED Headlight bulbs
Garauld hydration system
Stainless brake lines front and rear
Cee Bailey windscreen
Steering nut mount for Garmin Zumo
Complete drive line and u-joint refresh when rear tire was installed
Bagster tank cover and tank bag
I mounted auxillary plugs on the left side (where the 2004 glove box would be) in anticipation of an Eastern Beaver PC8 install.
Kinda crude but functional rear fender flap
The bike has had two tip overs at zero MPH. One on the right side by previous owner, one by me on the left side, resulting in some paint scratching. I was bumped from behind at a stop sign which knocked the bike out from under me, resulting in more minor scraping on left side. Insurance company paid for all new replacement parts which I have not installed yet. Still in the box though, and still pristine.
Original owner had installed accessory heated grips but I removed them. Too much messy wiring. Saved all parts in a box in case someone wants to re-install. As a substitute I install the Suzuki (I think it is) handguards in winter to keep my hands out of the wind.
Brakeaway throttle lock. Best design of all the different throttle locks I have tried. In my opinion anyway.
Comes with factory side cases with liners and a factory top box. All color matched. Top box has never been installed or used.
The tail piece is a spare to accomodate the givi rack. Didn't want to drill a hole in the stock tail piece. The stock unmolested tail piece is included. Right now the rear rack has the factory top case adapter installed in case I wanted to use the top case. The RKA tail bag is NOT included.

Boxes and boxes of spare parts accumulated over almost ten years of ownership, including a euro headlight assembly and wiring harness, spare fasteners, drain plug crush washers, etc etc etc.

Boat load of paper work and maintenance records since new. Original owner was meticulous, and I have been as well.

There is more that I will add when I recall. This is a spontaneous posting. I can't procrastinate anymore. I love this motorcycle but I have to let it go. It is a comfortable, reliable, fast as heck motorcycle and the most dependable moto I've ever owned. I've done all the necessary maintenance work required.

I'll attach one photo along with a flickr link to more photos. Please contact me privately with any questions.

linky here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBw1MA

Thank you for reading!

Jay

001.JPG

004.JPG

Jay is a stand up guy who really loves this thing. I've chatted with him quite a bit recently and I know he wouldn't be selling unless he had to. He really takes care of things. I purchased some Delkevic headers from him and every part was hand wrapped to prevent damage and then additional packing between parts and the box to make sure nothing moved around. I would not hesitate buying from him again. (I would buy this too if I hadn't just dragged home a basket case KLR650)

GLWS Jay.