2006 Colors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Garauld!

No confirmation on 06 colors that I am aware of. Best "SWAG" seems to be that blue/silver two-tone which I find hideous. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess.

Now that your here - make sure you ski-daddle your butt to the vendors section and post about your most excellent fjr rack with backrest option. Way cool!

Even though I don't need one since I have a Tanji fuel cell, I am thinking of buying one just for the hell of it.

Do you offer a discount for gratuitious ass-kissing?

:lol:

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
garauld,

If it's the two-tone that I think it might be, Will you do color-matched, two -tone racks? Just trippin"................. B)

pleease let it be red.....

The two tone is a very lame "low cost, low effort" graphics attempt.

A couple of decals and my 2003 might pass for an '06!!

The same red as the R1 would be awesome.

Aaaaw, c'mon guys.

The two-tone Metallic Silver Feejer looks pretty good

2005_FJR1300A_Color_Metallic-Silver_tcm39-51693.jpg

I've seen a couple in motion on our roads and it definitely looks faster than the red one ;) ....

Stef

Boy am I glad I was able to order a galaxy blue 05.

That two-tone is not looking too good to me.

Other than the addition of ABS and the changing colors, have there been any changes over the years? Improved handling, reduced weight, more power? Color doesn't make much difference to me.

Other than the addition of ABS and the changing colors, have there been any changes over the years? Improved handling, reduced weight, more power?
I think the 04' non-ABS got larger rotors over the 03' (if I remember correctly). Don't think there were any other changes.

Going from 03 model to the 04 model has been the only time Yammie made some changes besides colors.

- Added the left fairing storage box

- Added ABS option

- Increased front brake rotors from 300mm to 320 mm

- Front and rear suspension stiffened approximately 10%

- Windscreen height increased by 1.5" and angled back a little bit more.

I think I may be missing a couple more that I am not remembering.

Greg

And, after our gang Wilbers install, we discovered that there were several bolt head size differences, too. Big chances to be sure!

I love my Galaxy Blue FJR, but that Electro Jade Green is kinda trick too.
Actually, its "Techno Jade", and yes, I am sportin a chubby for that particular hue.

Too bad it was a "Euro only" offering.

Greg

Finally caught one.

This is the 2005 Euro two-tone paint scheme in real life.

Defintely faster than the 2004. :bleh:

DSC01324.JPG