2006 Colors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yamaha announced the colors for the 06 except the FJR and one other bike. So guess away they ain't talkin. TJ

Above &

04 Incorporated the turn signals in the fairing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm not real fond of the two tone paint job... I think they're making a mistake if they don't pick a deep red for '06.

I heard that the US 05 was too fast, so they're detuning the 06 back to 03-04 levels. Thats why they added the silver to the blue paint scheme-to slow it down a little. That's just what I heard, I could be wrong.

I heard that the US 05 was too fast, so they're detuning the 06 back to 03-04 levels. Thats why they added the silver to the blue paint scheme-to slow it down a little. That's just what I heard, I could be wrong.
Trust me, you're wrong. :bleh: ;)

The two tone really distracts from the beautiful lines of this bike. The Techno Jade would be my first colour choice of all that have been produced, I have the Cerulean Silver and it is nice, but GIVE ME THE R1 Red, pleeeese Yamaha, I have 56,000 on mine and will hang on to it for many years, but would jump for a RED one in a flash.

In the UK only Galaxy Blue and the 2 tone silver are available and as I want to be different (and be able to find the bike in a parking lot full of FJR's) I went for the silver. If the red from a couple of years ago had been available I would have gone for that.

Kinda have to agree that the two tone would be less desirable than the R1 red. I love the 04 silver, but a buddy just bought an 05 and the blue is hot too.

Trust me, you're wrong. :bleh: ;)

FJRandy is correct, they would not want to slow-up the 2006 model that much!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not to be negative but I don't like that two tone and really dislike the black wheels!! :beee:

Not to be negative but I don't like that two tone and really dislike the black wheels!! :beee:
At the end of the day I'm riding the bike, not looking at it. The colours not that important but the lack of decent suspension is. The Ohlins have been ordered but, unfortunatly, will not arrive before my trip to the Alps and beyond.

At the end of the day I'm riding the bike, not looking at it. The colours not that important but the lack of decent suspension is. The Ohlins have been ordered but, unfortunatly, will not arrive before my trip to the Alps and beyond.
But, your going to love it when you get it. It does wonders!

Aaaaw, c'mon guys.
The two-tone Metallic Silver Feejer looks pretty good

2005_FJR1300A_Color_Metallic-Silver_tcm39-51693.jpg

I've seen a couple in motion on our roads and it definitely looks faster than the red one ;) ....

Stef
I have to agree with Stef, I kind of like the look. I think it makes the bike look smaller. I have always liked black wheels too. I had the black wheels on my R1 powder coated black. They are beautiful. Paying for new bearings though, was not beautifull!

Nah, I don't like it. The R1 red would look much cooler. However, since I own the best looking color so far (05 GalaxyBlue), I'm kinda hoping that the 06 is the two tone, so I'll still have the coolest color. :p :p

I'm truly enjoying this debate over colors. There's hardly anything more subjective and there is obviously no final word (except of course that the Galaxy Blue color slices through the air faster :blink: ).

I've seen people ride bikes sprayed in the most outrageous gay-ass colors and love them. No accounting for taste, indeed.

When I was shopping for a pre-owned FJR I was dead set on the Euro 2004 metallic gray. I missed one with 8,000 kms on the clock by minutes. By the time I showed up with my checkbook it was gone :angry03: . But the dealer also had a Galaxy Blue one with all bells and whistles and I bought it in spite of the color.

Now of course I love it.

I'll agree with Orestes here, the main thing is riding it. (And I've gotta tell ya, seen in motion the new two-tone ain't half bad either).

Stef

Other than the addition of ABS and the changing of the colors, have there been any changes over the years?
Nothing substantial. IIRC, the small changes SkooterG missed were:

Wheels: '03-black; '04-silver; '05-dark silver

Turn Signals: '03-on stalks off the fairings; '04 and later-moulded into the fairing

Handlebar/Triple tree: '03 & '04-silver; '05 dark silver

Additionally, there are some small differences in the wiring colors and, as mentioned, bolt sizes.

Plus, there was the rumor about the '05s being shipped to North America with the French detuned motors. But the fix would be easy as the cams are the same, one just has to remove the restrictor plates from the injectors and change a chip in the black box. Hopefully they won't send any of the '06s with this mod. :unsure:

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

Here we go again!

Last edited by a moderator: