• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 FS Wichita CL dealer ad $4500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's VIN #1146, which is in the range with the 17MPG bug. (Affected units are 0003-1400 - see fjrforum archives for info.) So the dash may have been replaced. It's easy enough to tell, just need to ride it and check the instantaneous fool economy display.

Deposit made - sale pending. :yahoo: Wichita here I come.
Just double check the actual mileage by adding the mileage found on the certified sticker to the mileage shown on the instrument readout.

If the guy had put on 50,000 miles before changing the dash...then I would think that there would definitely be some room for bargaining there.

Good luck with the purchase.
I'd like to add that the sticker doesn't always remain on the glove box door...
5.JPG
We told you NOT to let Bust work on it. :lol: :p

It's VIN #1146, which is in the range with the 17MPG bug. (Affected units are 0003-1400 - see fjrforum archives for info.) So the dash may have been replaced. It's easy enough to tell, just need to ride it and check the instantaneous fool economy display.

Deposit made - sale pending. :yahoo: Wichita here I come.
Just double check the actual mileage by adding the mileage found on the certified sticker to the mileage shown on the instrument readout.

If the guy had put on 50,000 miles before changing the dash...then I would think that there would definitely be some room for bargaining there.

Good luck with the purchase.
I would've asked them to look at the sticker in the box to determine the mileage before pulling the trigger.
If no sticker in the glovebox, then check the instant MPG display. If it tops out at 17MPG, it's the original dash and the mileage is accurate. Or check the date code on the rear tire. If it's from 2006, then you know it's the original rear tire and the miles are accurate. The tread pattern on the rear looks like the OEM Metzler Z6, but it has been a couple of years since I've seen one.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the disclaimer that the information came from the salesman at the selling dealership, but with William England's assurance that this is in fact a stand-up dealership, I wouldn't worry about the hidden mileage too much. One-owner bike, and he traded it because he didn't get to ride it enough to justify having it. 6K miles on a super clean looking '06 like that isn't so low it's impossible to believe.

Oh, and to Motiontwoofmn: congratulations on the buy of the week month year! :yahoo:

With the disclaimer that the information came from the salesman at the selling dealership, but with William England's assurance that this is in fact a stand-up dealership, I wouldn't worry about the hidden mileage too much.
I completely disagree. They are a car dealership. While they maybe be honest, they know nothing about Yamaha motorcycles and even less about any factory recalls from 6 years ago. Buyer due diligence is warranted.

With the disclaimer that the information came from the salesman at the selling dealership, but with William England's assurance that this is in fact a stand-up dealership, I wouldn't worry about the hidden mileage too much.
I completely disagree. They are a car dealership. While they maybe be honest, they know nothing about Yamaha motorcycles and even less about any factory recalls from 6 years ago. Buyer due diligence is warranted.
I said don't worry, not don't check.

Motiontwoofmn-if you haven't already done so you could dial up your local Yamaha dealer and have them run the VIN # for a check to see what if any recalls were needed and performed.

Congrats on the purchase!! See you at CFO 2013?!

I'm glad someone bought it. Just think, you got a 2012 for 60% off. Ya also saved me from considering a ratty old gen II and explaining to momma why she's not going to Cabo. <_<

Dang - glad someone got it - I just pulled the cash together but it won't show in the bank account till Friday; and I would have had to try to trade a CBR in on it. I know Scott, but I don't know if he'd trade a bike on a bike!

At least I've got my down payment for the 13 lined out; just have to clear up a bill or two so the bank will touch me with a 10 foot pole. :)

Will

First and foremost, I want to offer my eternal thanks and gratitude to witlessEvil (Steve) for all the effort and time he put forth that directly benefited myself and the forum membership in general concerning this endeavor . . . it truly was an up and above undertaking. In addition, the membership provided invaluable insight and information that helped me immensily in verifying critical factures required to confirm the actual condition of this bike, for that I express my heartfelt thanks. The bike: it is as advertised, one owner (traded for sports car due to non-use), actual mileage, original Bridgestone tires, cluster is original with no issues, minor scraping on front of header pipes (speed bump encounter?), Yamaha recalls are current, cosmetically - nothing a good bath and polish will not cure, Yamaha comfort gel seats, V Stream shield, Ram mount and wiring for GPS, no saddlebag liners, only one key, leaking fork seal {probably contaminated brake pads), sorry everybody - it is the buy of the year or actually my life. The trip: departed the 20th at 10:30 AM after securing a cashier's check from the bank with "The Rig" (pickup and bike trailer plus soft hooks & ratcheting tie downs, etc) arrive 9:20 PM at Motel 6 in Wichita - 658 miles. Nov 21: at dealership at 9:30 AM; inspection, test ride, negotiations (? - no movement and $299 documentation fee) so, final price $4799, load bike and stow saddlebags & top case in truck cab, depart 12:30 PM and arrive home 1:00 AM Nov. 22 - 664 miles, offload into the shop and hit the sack. Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks again to all. George

Love the part... negotiations, no movement!

Glad to hear your back home with her safely, you know you scored n your fat n happy.

-KJ (Viking fan stuck in NY!)

Hey George

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. I really hope this bike works for you.

If I hadn't bought mine earlier this year for the same price I would have been all over this one.

PM me your address and I will get those papers to you.

Steve

". . . only one key . . . "
Congratulations. Now go to a good locksmith and have at least two spares made. Only cost you a couple bucks each. Put one (or more) away and hide one someplace you'll be able to find it. I keep one in my wallet, others have lots of other suggestions, but don't wait. And try them all in ALL the locks and keyholes before you leave the locksmith's.

Fair price - they had it listed on their dealer site for $4995, so the price you paid including 'doc fee' ?WTF? Scott hates those, wonder why he went back to em? is very good.

Sweet deal! I would suggest pulling the wheels, and putting a fresh set of tires on (I prefer Bridgstone BT023GT's). Fjrtech.net has some nice photos for getting it done, although things are a little different on the GenII (esp. torque settings for reassembly).

While the rear's off, you can pull the pumpkin and check the drive shaft splines for lube (easy job).

The bike will handle a lot better with new tires.