2006 Geelong Carbon Craft Tank Protector system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I was just sent a picture of the new Geelong Carbon Craft tank protector system by Kim at Geelong.

72518671-M.jpg

Ozi-Moose provided his 06 as a mule for the molds - Thanks, Ozi !! He received the first set ! Note that this is a 4 piece system.

EDIT: 5/31/06 - The set pictured above is Ozi's - he tells me they're not installed yet, but will be soon. (Silver in color to match his bike)

EDIT: 6/13/06 - INSTALLED PICTURES BELOW.

Contact Geelong - Geelong Carbon Craft

I don't know when it will show on the web site for ordering, but you might want to contact them to get your name on the list.

Thanks, Kim !!

Last edited by a moderator:
They contacted me and told me the sets wouldn't be available for a couple weeks. I had contacted them a long time ago when you first mentioned the CF for the FJR. Waiting to hear from them.

Man, those parts look sweet. Wish we could see them on the bike.

Ya know, Rad, I'm glad you brought that up.

I'm thinking about just parking Wonky in the living room, and looking at her. After all, I can't take a chance on scratching her bling, now can I ? I'll just spend my time polishing her sliders, fondling her XM puck, stroking her mounts, tickling her cruise control, ............

OK - this is getting weird. :dribble:

Hmmm... wonder if the wife will notice.... :huh:

What does the curvy part cover? I got the two side pieces and the top piece, but the curved one in the middle is stumping me. Does that cover the new silver section closest to the seat on the '06s? :huh:

What does the curvy part cover? I got the two side pieces and the top piece, but the curved one in the middle is stumping me. Does that cover the new silver section closest to the seat on the '06s? :huh:

That's correct, Groo. That piece covers the silver 'band' that wraps around the back of the tank bottom.

That's correct, Groo. That piece covers the silver 'band' that wraps around the back of the tank bottom.
Is that an option, or part of the package? What would it look like omitted.

I was going to email them to see if they had pics of the parts installed on the bike, but it looks like their site is down. Bummer....

I have their three piece system on my '05 and love it. Been using it for about a year and a half now and they look great (had to run out to the garage to do a quick inspection). The finish is just as glossy as it was when I first bought them. I usually ride with my thighs touching (not hugging) the tank and always with my 'stitch suit. No noticable scuffs, scratches, or dings.

As for care, I usually wash like normal when I wash the bike, then polish up a bit with Plexus cleaner/polish. It's worked great for me.

Ya know, Rad, I'm glad you brought that up.
I'm thinking about just parking Wonky in the living room, and looking at her. After all, I can't take a chance on scratching her bling, now can I ? I'll just spend my time polishing her sliders, fondling her XM puck, stroking her mounts, tickling her cruise control, ............

OK - this is getting weird. :dribble:

Hmmm... wonder if the wife will notice.... :huh:

She left 3 months ago...

Hey, kaitsdad, are you getting a fender extender, too? Was wondering if they were working on one of those, too. Just thinking, in for a penny, in for big Aussie bucks.... and a long wait....

And BTW, no word from Howard about the "regular" Fenda Extenda yet.

Am I reading their site correctly? The side covers are $88 .... each? So for 2, you're looking at $176 and add another $105 for the center piece? $281 (I guess this is Australian dollars) would be roughly $211 in US dollars... eeek! :eek:

Be *very* careful applying these pieces. The glue is extremely sticky, and if you have to pull the piece to reposition it, do NOT flex the carbon fiber piece at all. If you flex the piece, you can crack the clear material covering the carbon fiber, first at the edges, then towards the middle or all the way across.

DAMHIK. :angry2:

Actually, mine turned out pretty good anyway, and looks great. But I know where the cracks are.

Just be careful.

Oh, yeah, mine is on an '05.

I figure if I ever want to take it off, it'll be a heat and fishing line operation, for sure.

Am I reading their site correctly? The side covers are $88 .... each? So for 2, you're looking at $176 and add another $105 for the center piece? $281 (I guess this is Australian dollars) would be roughly $211 in US dollars... eeek! :eek:
That's correct, Groo! The set I bought prior to finding out that the 06 was different was US$230.00 delivered.

I would expect the 06 to be a bit more, as it's now four pieces.

I ordered me a tank protector set in black carbon fiber. I'm not really sure if I should have ordered the silver color for the cerulean silver. I can't wait till them make a rear hugger and the front fender extender.

I received my 06 set in default grey today - I'll install this Sunday, and post pics. So - they're available for shipping.

Total price including shipping (4 pieces) was $332.00 Australian - $248.00 US Dollars.