2006 Mirror

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottiO

Reaction score
Hello all . . .

I would like to install a mirror or add to the OEM, a signal/marker light. Not real comfortable with the limited visibility of the stock light. It looks good but for my safety I feel it needs help along with an LED conversion.

Has anyone done this . . . is there an alternative?

Please advise.

Scott

I'm planning on using a pair of Rizoma LEDS up front and as supplements in the rear. They're available online from various sellers. Check out some of the youtube videos, they look sharp and bright.

If you have a fat tax refund coming soon, or are just curious, check out www.moto-science.com

Cool mirrors with LEDs for Ducatis mainly but also includes the FJR.

pete

(my tax refund ain't that big)

I'm not one for excessive bling, but a the Grand Turismo LED mirrors (#1) look pretty functional, especially if you wired them up as both running lights and winkers.

2009-yamaha-r1-with-ducati-1198-gt-led-mirrors-pair-1_1968677.jpg

2009-yamaha-r1-with-ducati-1198-gt-led-mirrors-pair-1_1968678.jpg

2009-yamaha-r1-with-ducati-1198-gt-led-mirrors-pair-1_1968679.jpg

James...Did you put those on your bike? Can you see out of them? They look like they'd be worse than the OEM mirrors and all you'd see is your saddle bags.

HRZ, some of us are normal sized folk. The stock mirrors work great!

"I like'em chunky............."
yahoo.gif

If anybody has tried these mirrors on a GenII, I'd like to get some feedback. According to the picture on the silver FJR, they appear to be quite a bit lower than the FZ-1 mirrors. Looks to me that you'd be looking at the handlebars.

I sent in an email asking about how far they stick out and got the following response from Henri. He followed up with a call indicating that I could certainly send them back if they didn't work out.

"The horizontal extension of the LED mirror 7085/86 below is ~10.25inch

With a different base, we can get it out to ~10.75 inch.

The 7062/63 mirror is about 1 inch shorter."

I think the horizontal extension of the stock mirror is about 9 inches, but it has a pretty good upward rise on it so the mirror is quite a bit higher than the mount point. On these moto-science mirror, it looks to me that the base of the mirror has a fixed angle on it, so you wouldn't be able to point it higher to get it up where the FZ-1 mirrors are.

I need a replacement mirror and was ready to pop for the FZ-1 mirror, but I like the idea of having running lights and / or blinkers on the mirrors.

Thanks for any feedback.

Rick