2006 setup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingoldrum

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know how a 2006 ships to the dealer? Do the bars, wheels, shield, etc. all get mounted? I found missing hardware on my front fender mounts, and the dealer says they do not touch it during setup. Also, various loose parts required tightening as I searched for rattles. I guess the oil plug over-torque (welding more like) makes up for lots of loose parts.

Hi. Does anyone know how a 2006 ships to the dealer? Do the bars, wheels, shield, etc. all get mounted? I found missing hardware on my front fender mounts, and the dealer says they do not touch it during setup. Also, various loose parts required tightening as I searched for rattles. I guess the oil plug over-torque (welding more like) makes up for lots of loose parts.
The dealer that did my set-up gave me spare air. About 28 psi per tire (70 psi). I thought it was nice of him.

The dealer that did my set-up gave me spare air. About 28 psi per tire (70 psi). I thought it was nice of him.
You definitely got a better value, I only got 5 extra lbs of air, and a small scratch on my LCD display. No biggie that was the only scratch on the bike.

Usually set up is by and independent. The dealer does very little except the minor stuff. Really they do little or nothing except blame someone else for their problems.

I watched mine be assembled.

The bike comes crated with the front axle clamped to the crate (front wheel not installed), rear wheel is installed. front tire strapped to the back of the crate. The crate is fastened also to the left and right grips (padded between the crate metal straps and the grips).

The mirrors, windshield, front cowling covers and headlight adjusters, battery, front brake calipers are dealer and/or independent installed.

Bags come seperately, dealer/independent installed.

I think i got everything. also check the bin-o-facts for pre-delivery checks.

+1 constant mesh -- forgot that. Made the dealer put a plastic bag over the nut to keep the 6pt socket from marring it. worked good.

I was working with that stem nut this morning on my '04. I removed the stem nut, upper bracket, etc. and regreased the steering head bearings. I used a 12-point 36mm socket on the stem nut. I sandwiched a piece of heavy cloth between the nut and socket. The socket left no tell-tale marks. I'd rather have a 6-point socket but Sears didn't have one.