2006 vs 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any difference in the 2006 FJR vs the 2009.

Look HERE
Thats a lot to look at lol ........

Are there any major differences ??
Wow. You can't slide a ruler down those pages while comparing 2 columns? :blink:

And you'd rather wade through replies here (amazingly enough, you WILL get some) as people post up what they consider "major differences" ?? :dribble:

Scooter nailed it when he said "Depends on what you consider 'major' ...."

<sigh> I tried ....

Look HERE

Wow. You can't slide a ruler down those pages while comparing 2 columns? :blink:

And you'd rather wade through replies here (amazingly enough, you WILL get some) as people post up what they consider "major differences" ?? :dribble:

Scooter nailed it when he said "Depends on what you consider 'major' ...."

<sigh> I tried ....
Still looking at the FJR and trying to figure out what I want to do.

I know from experience whats important to one is nothing to someone else.

What my look major on paper may mean nothing in the real world.

Yes I love wading through replys and learning about this bike.

Look HERE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it Friday yet? Someone asks a question that is already answered in the FAQ...then someone kindly points his nose in the right direction...then the OP doesn't want bother sifting through information he asked for that someone has kindly collated for him. WTF??

Read much?? :D

Maybe this whole reading thing is over-rated...jeez. :eek:

Look HERE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it Friday yet? Someone asks a question that is already answered in the FAQ...then someone kindly points his nose in the right direction...then the OP doesn't want bother sifting through information he asked for that someone has kindly collated for him. WTF??

Read much?? :D

Maybe this whole reading thing is over-rated...jeez. :eek:
Aren't we the pissy one today. Nobody reads anymore. They just want to ba told what to do and what to think. :angry:

In my case it was about $3500 so I got the 06 and kept the rest in my pocket.

Joe
Thanks Joe,

Thats what I'm talking about cause I would like to save the money for add ons if there are no big changes in the 2.
make sure safty recalls are done, ignition and ground on 06.
Thanks, thats the kind of info I need. That probably wasn't on the sheet.

Look HERE
I really appreciate you finding and posting that for me.

Hey Dunk 43,

How many miles are on your new to you FJR?

Did the previous owner provide you with service records?

This information could point you in the right direction as what you might want to do before farkling.

Hey Dunk 43,

How many miles are on your new to you FJR?

Did the previous owner provide you with service records?

This information could point you in the right direction as what you might want to do before farkling.
Dont have one yet, still looking and thinking.

Looking at 2 right now ,one is a 06 with 26K for 7300 and the other is a 09 with 23K for 9500.

The 06 is pretty much stock and the 09 is loaded including a yamaha trunk, mc cruise control and a CB.

My biggest obstacle is a bike that wont sell right now and the trade in value sucks.