2007 ecu installiation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much. Not a bad idea when you consider that m/c dealerships are always subject to murphy's law.
My pleasure. And I agree with your last sentence.

Just installed mine an hour ago, which I picked up Friday, after waiting THREE WEEKS for it (geez!). Since it was just a simple swap, they let me just exchange it, which I appreciated (they just asked for my mileage and VIN) since it was raining, but I was ready to just plug it in and ride the bike that way some other day if needed (would have taken a minute to swap that way).

Bike feels the same, but won't have a chance to hit the mountains until next year (freezing now). Just noticed a longer high idle, which was fine with me. CO numbers are the same as before (5,18,18,21). Feels just as touchy as before, but am used to it. Seems like the same ECU, but as long as the surging is gone, I'll be a happy camper. Take care.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought my 07' FJR three weeks ago so I haven't gotten the letter from Yama about the ECU.

But the wonder of this group clued me in. I dropped by my dealer and they were swapping one out.

I asked them about the ECU recall and the svc manager told me "Your next". Pretty cool!

Don't know if it made a difference...only 460 miles on the odometer all at the same elevation so far.

But I do know the G2 throttle tube made an incredible difference to the bike. Very much likie :yahoo:

Tom

Took dealership 30 minutes to replace the ECM on my 07.