2007 FJR - How To Use The Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slo-ride

slo-ride
Reaction score
I purchased my 2007 FJR last week - brand new. I'm very happy with the bike but I can not figure out how to use the center stand. The owner's manual is no help. This is my first street bike (dirt bike and four-wheelers in the past) so I've never had to use a center stand before. Can someone explain to me how to get the bike up on the stand? Better yet, how about an instructional YouTube video? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Mike

I purchased my 2007 FJR last week - brand new. I'm very happy with the bike but I can not figure out how to use the center stand. The owner's manual is no help. This is my first street bike (dirt bike and four-wheelers in the past) so I've never had to use a center stand before. Can someone explain to me how to get the bike up on the stand? Better yet, how about an instructional YouTube video? :rolleyes:
Thanks!

Mike
First off, welcome to the forum.

Second, never talk about having problems getting it up, especially on the internet.

Third, it's Friday, you're going to learn the hard way.

In the mean time, start here Center Stand Clicky

Also the dealer can be your friend too on such things as how to oparate goodies on the bike. If not try this forum. Iggy gives search tips too. And try NEPRT.

Good luck!

Enjoy the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Push stand down with foot, lift back of bike up. What's the problem - out of Wheaties?

Prediction: This thread will be Ig-nited in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Thanks!

Mike

There are a lot of responses from the forum members, you should be able to find a process for putting you FJR on its center stand that will be easy to use.

This information was posted by one of the forum members I believe in 2006 and it helped me with putting my FJR on the center stand. My biggest issue was not having my FJR on both center stand legs before lifting; now it’s so easy. Just keep on practicing for a while and it will be really easy for you.
1. Hold onto the left grip with your left hand, the left passenger grab handle with your right hand and plant your right foot squarely on the center stand pedal.

2. Your hands are only used to balance and stabilize the bike as you push down with your right leg and transfer all of your body weight onto it.

3. Level the bike out with your hands and you will feel the second opposite leg of the center stand make contact with the ground.

4. Continue to push with your right leg and as the bike begins to lift, transfer all of your body weight down through your right leg onto the center stand pedal.

5. You'll be surprised at how easy the bike pops up onto both legs. You can practice and make things easier by rolling the rear tire up onto a thickness of wood to effectively make the procedure easier until you get the "knack".

I hope this helps.

HIS2006
What part of 'Dogpile Fridays' don't you get? :glare:

:lol:

I can't get it up when I drink too much. Sometimes, when I do get it up it won't go back down. Depends on the whiskey, though.

What the fuk?? :dribble: Din we just go through this A week er so ago???

Don't need a Calendar here to know when it's FRIDAY :yahoo:

:jester:

odot's busy washin an waxin his bike he ain't gonna get it up for this.

Get a sawzall and cut the center stand shorter. If you cut it just short enough, it'll be easy as pie to get the center stand down. Bike may not stay up then, but hey, your center stand is down....

Thanks!

Mike
Hmmm... buying an FJR for a first ever street bike. The bigger problem is probably not going to be how to "get it up" so much as how to "keep it up".

As to the center stand, the trick is to put all your weight on the center stand pedal. That is what it is there for. Also may have to pull up on the passenger grab handle or the convenient hand hold designed into the left side of the bike

2901806640098858932S500x500Q85.jpg

Make sure it had been lubed before you use it. :unsure:

Works easier.

B)

I figured that this topic had been chosen and I DID search before posting. I guess I was looking in the wrong place. I'm willing to take a little heat in order to get the answers I need. Thanks for the great tips. I'll give them a try!

Mike

I figured that this topic had been chosen and I DID search before posting. I guess I was looking in the wrong place. I'm willing to take a little heat in order to get the answers I need. Thanks for the great tips. I'll give them a try!
Mike
Congratulations. You got enough answers from some that should help you figure it out. They beat me to it.

There are some here that help without an attitude.

I can't get it up when I drink too much. Sometimes, when I do get it up it won't go back down. Depends on the whiskey, though.
Too much information dude. :rolleyes: