2007 FJR - How To Use The Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations. You got enough answers from some that should help you figure it out. They beat me to it.
There are some here that help without an attitude.
Here ya go, Rev. All polished up with a new coat of varnish...

pulpit.jpg

Did you try it yet?

i've found that lifting the hand hold and pressing the centerstand at the same time works very well...make sure the bike is balanced on the centerstand just before lifting. i'm not sure if you have the topcase, but sometimes, depending on the load, it can be a little more difficult, but can be done..

cadman

Congratulations. You got enough answers from some that should help you figure it out. They beat me to it.
There are some here that help without an attitude.
Here ya go, Rev. All polished up with a new coat of varnish...

pulpit.jpg
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lots of advice so far. Some good, some not.

- Ensuring both feet of the C-stand are touching ground before going for it is very important

- Using the handhold is a good thing

I disagree with those who say to step down with all your weight and pull up. That may work if you are a big guy or really strong, but can still lead to struggles for lots of normal folk. Rather than simply pressing down and pulling up, try this:

Imagine that you are trying to move the bike backwards as you press with your foot and lift with your hand. NOT UP. The trick is not brute strength, but technique. Once you have mastered the technique with lots of practice, deploying the C-stand becomes second nature and a trivial evolution.

So, left hand on handlebar, making sure front wheel is straight. Right hand in spot for it. While gently pushing C-stand down with right foot, lift FJR upright feeling both C-stand feet touch down. Now, holding fjr steady, face partially towards the rear of the bike, exert moderate pressure down on C-stand and lift with moderate pressure and imagine you are trying to move the FJR backwards.

Helps to have someone assist at first by being on the other side of the bike so you don't have to worry about dropping it.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and you might want to check with TWN about how not to put your foot under the sidestand :haha: :haha:

:jester:

You guys are being too nice on a newbie, especially on a Friday...

After a search of this forum (not hard to do), and following the direction some have already posted above, I was able to get mine up the first try (even with Kouba lowering links), though I cheated a bit and placed a 2X4 under the rear tire...

Anyway congrats on the new bike and enjoy. I know I couldn't be happier with my '07.

You guys are being too nice on a newbie, especially on a Friday...
After a search of this forum (not hard to do), and following the direction some have already posted above, I was able to get mine up the first try (even with Kouba lowering links), though I cheated a bit and placed a 2X4 under the rear tire...

Anyway congrats on the new bike and enjoy. I know I couldn't be happier with my '07.
Just an update - I got it up! Yeah! :yahoo: Oh, and I got the bike up on the center stand too. :blink:

Again, thanks for the help. Nice, nice, nice bike! Love it!

Fred pointed out where the hole is. Need any other help?
For me the passenger grabhandle works best....don't have to bend over, and keep my back straight.
I won't even comment on this poistion maneuver.

Just an update - I got it up! Yeah! :yahoo:
:eek: Look out Bust and odot! You're in the cross hairs....

Slo ride - You hit it on dog-pile Friday. You're in! You've been a good sport. On most other days you'll get great help.

wow............this is fucked up............who gave him directions? I gotta form a posse for this bullshit.