2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all the colors they could have used (and have) this is what we get! Black Cherry? My gawd! Yuk!! :sick:
That cherry purple looks a little grandpa to me, no offense to the seniors around here. :p The price on remaining '06 A models at dealers just jumped at least $500. :D

Looks like the AE model did not sell as well as they thought it would in '06, eh? I'd be interested to see the build dates on the '07 AE models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I get another year on the Super Fast '05 Blue....

I will wait and see what they change for the '08 model... seein as that will give them 2 years after the 06 release of sittin on their asses and come up with some changes...

Hope there are some... along with a cool color..

Not too hip on the Black Cherry.. seems Mommy Yammy :assassin: has a tendency towards the metallic here in states...

OK.....Here ya go!

I like it!!!

And if this PDP thing is dead.....I'll have it for Christmas.......Did ya here that Santa?

I checked 5 international Yamaha sites and none of them are showing any information about the 2007 models yet. I looked at Canada, Australia, UK, Norway, "Europe". I could not find an English version of the site in Japan. Could the US be the first to get the 2007 bikes? Or at least the first to get information about them?

I looked at a comparison of the specs of the 2006 and 2007 A models and I can't find anything that's different. 2006A vs 2007A
Yep. In fact, if you do a little snooping on the image at the Mama Yama site, you'll see, from the name, that they likely merely photochopped an 06 image to get the Black Cherry 07.

Here's the image name:

06fjr1300a_cherry_1_196f5a65.jpg

go to the wallpaper part of the site.. and grab anyone, I grabbed the large, and look at the right side, and bottom right.. looks like they just scanned a roughed up picture and uploaded it to the site.. how freakin cheezy is that..

Oh and I do like the fact that they kept the silver all the way up through the tail section... that looks hot...

I posted this in a different thread and it has been closed to keep the threads to one:) Sorry Ignacio! So I will repost here.

The new FJR is now on the Yamaha website and I have the following pricing available to the forum members......and it's available in December this time with NO PDP!

'07 "A" Model $12299.00

'07 "AE" Model $13848.00

I will have the ordering information available later this week, but as of this time I should have a substantial number available to me on my allocation.

Best Regards,

Tony

First impressions:

Glad I bought the Cobalt Blue; that and the Galaxy Blue are the prettiest to me. That black cherry color looks like something Honda would produce, IMHO...boring. :drag:

I don't like the silver rear end from the back because it makes the rear end colors too busy: black, cherry, silver, plus colors from the lights.....

But I like the blacked-out engine.

Otherwise, doesn't look like much changed. Bounce was right.

I think it looks nice myself. It's not a "Porsche India Red" kinda machine IMHO anyway. Subtle be cool. I know it looks better than "Scratched and Gouged Blue", the version I have..... :p

Didn't Kawasaki Concours have this same color several years ago? All I can say is "ewww". Where's the little green puke face?

Well, to each his own. Mine is just one opinion and I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

I feel lucky to have a galaxy blue.

I looked at a comparison of the specs of the 2006 and 2007 A models and I can't find anything that's different. 2006A vs 2007A
Yep... as correctly predicted by many of us who have been following these types of threads. :D

Yammy wants to re-coup their investments in the substantial number of changes to the bike starting in 2006, and the cost of a paint change (the ABS model only, not the AE) is fairly trival in the big scheme of things.

Re: the Black Cherry paint. Make no mistake: if this is the paint I think it is, it will look shit-hot in natural sunlight, believe me. Web page photos can't reproduce this effect at all (in fact, these images look like dog-squeeze, IMO).

Sidebar: Daaaaaaaaaymn, I just took another look at the specs for both models.... I had forgotten about the massive weight gain our bike has been saddled with since the original model. Holy crap, the AE is almost 600 friggin' lbs, DRY!!!! :blink: This, compared with the 2003 dry weight of only 522 lbs.... :unsure:

I'm with the minority here, I like the Black Cherry. Hot red would have been better but can live with the Blk Cherry.