2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:blink: Geez - all you techno guys here - and all the talk is about the color of the bike? Be nice if there were an improvement or two - like maybe a friggin 6 speed trans at least, like the rest of the bike world! The ZX-14 is looking better and better all the time ----

I very much like the color... would definitely rather see a really deep red... but I like this... no offense to you blue bike sorts... but IMO this is much nicer... but hey, that's just me... & no offense meant. I'm just not a blue lova'.

:blink: Geez - all you techno guys here - and all the talk is about the color of the bike? Be nice if there were an improvement or two - like maybe a friggin 6 speed trans at least, like the rest of the bike world! The ZX-14 is looking better and better all the time ----
+1 I think the kawi in '07 will be the biggest competition for the FJR. I also believe that as a manufacturer to stay on top in today's market, your product has to continue to develop and improve every year and not just settle on only a paint change. Just look at Honda as a prime example.

...Sidebar: Daaaaaaaaaymn, I just took another look at the specs for both models.... I had forgotten about the massive weight gain our bike has been saddled with since the original model. Holy crap, the AE is almost 600 friggin' lbs, DRY!!!! :blink: This, compared with the 2003 dry weight of only 522 lbs.... :unsure:
Why are they trying to turn the bike into a slow, heavy ST1300??!!

I know it is time to get a new FJR is when I crash my old one... :dribble: .. The color is okay, If you are GAY!!!!! :p I would like it more if it was solid black. :) Smitty

But I like the blacked-out engine.
Missed that, got picci?

I may be needing new glasses, but the engine looks black to me from the Yamaha site pictures....
06fjr1300a_cherry_2_fc35756b.jpg

Im thinkin its more of a Really Dark Grey... Not black to me...

If you look at the Oil filter, that is black...

So this is all they are upgrading... side covers, and tail section, to go with Black Cherry...

Bike looks very nice.. but not enough for me to upgrade... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
But I like the blacked-out engine.
Missed that, got picci?

I may be needing new glasses, but the engine looks black to me from the Yamaha site pictures....
If you look at the 360 degree view and rotate it some it still looks like the same old dark gray color for the engine cases.

As to new changes or lack of them, holy Chrysler Batman, get a grip. :p A model should be sound for several years before screwing it up with changes. Changes every year is a sign of a lame model that needs 'help' to sell. :rolleyes:

What makes the 06 &07 about 50 pounda heavier than the 03 model? Is it the ABS, air mgmt. system, or something? Just curious.

Thanks

Hey everyone... check out the Yamaha Motor Canada website !!!! Up here they are calling the colour "dark metallic red". And you know, it looks much different in the graphics (compared to our neighbours' site)...as in allot darker. I think Warchild is on to something...could look stunning in the sun! :assassin:

When I heard the rumor a few months ago that the '07 color could be some type of red, I decided to ask the boss (wife) for approval to get an end of season '06. I sure am glad I did. The blue is SOOOOooooo much better than the new Black Cherry. IMO

I'm Steppin out of the closet.... :D

I like the Black cherry ( I like my Cobalt better though).

Any body thinkin ( like me) that the PDP is dead from an overrun of 06's so the easy fix on inventory is same bike with new paint and call it an 07? (Come on now Conspiracry Theory :unsure: )

Any way all of the 7'ers can still get the "jerk" out with Fred and his 06 mods :D

I'm kinda a Triumph guy but was looking at the FJR real strong as a two up machine for me and Wife. The new Tiger comes in Blue, Black, Yellow and White with a "new" motor, frame, brakes, weighs 432lbs, etc. Looks like Triumph wants some market share. I'm still going to ride both before I decide. I really like the FJR. Color? I may opt for a '06 blue if any are still around when I decide. Jack

Notice the availablility dates?
$15,599 (Cerulean Silver) Available from January 2007

$13,799 (Black Cherry) Available from December 2006

Looks like the PDP is finito.

No mas.

Nope. That means available to order. Remember last year when they changed to the same wording for the '06 PDP?

And Jethus! Thaths thure a purty cothor! I lufths it!

Wasn't that the signature color of the Honda Rune a few years back? :huh:

They didn't sell too many of them if I recall correctly.

I've always liked that color. Looks really good on Honda Accords from some reason. I bet this color will look awesome in the sun.

Last edited by a moderator: